Program note progression without retriging ARP pattern?

With the arpeggiator enabled on a midi track. Is it possible to somehow program note progressions into the sequencer without retriging the arpeggiator pattern on each note trig? It seems if i parameter lock note values it does not have any effect on notes played by the arpeggiator? The only way i can change the notes so that the arpeggiator is affected is by using a normal trig. But that always retriggs the arp pattern?

I basically want to program the behaviour as if the arp is manually played legato from the chromatic mode.

Is this possible? Am i missing something?

Did you try trigless trigs?
Edit : yes apparently.

If it doesn’t work, why don’t you use sequencer instead of arp pattern?

Thanks, but what i am trying to do is to control the arp notes from the sequencer. But i’d like to be able to do this without retriging the arp pattern. Basically program the sequencer as if the the arp is manually played legato style (hence the initial question).

I don’t understand why you absolutely need the arp pattern…

I am not looking for a workaround. I am simply wondering if there is a way to get the arp to behave as if it is being played legato when programmed from the sequencer.

1 Like

But I think you need workarounds to do this! :tongue:
Notes length are all indentical on a same trig, and there’s no overlap.

Maybe a workaround : Chord with 1ST TRC.
Modulate notes with lfo designer.

Maybe not a workaround, but maybe inspiring :
Octatrack Tips & Tricks (OT Tips)

Yes there is certainly a lot of crazy stuff that can be achieved with the octatrack arp. However, note input changes (modulated or parameter locked) does not seem to apply without a trig being played from sequencer, which then also retrigs the arp pattern. Well, well, not the end of the world. I will learn to live with it i guess =)

1 Like

Could you plock the arp transpose?

1 Like

Its a big disappointment actually. The rhythm of the arp should be able to run independent of the notes selected…