Program change to Prophet rev 2 from Digitakt

Ok it’s working.

I saved the pattern, opened another pattern and changed the synth patch in the SRC section, then pattern changed back and it worked,

It’s the only thing I did differently that I am aware of.

Thanks so much for your help on this mate!

1 Like

:thup:

The DT probably only sends the message if its value is different from the previous value sent.

1 Like

It also needs a trig otherwise it wont change the patch.

1 Like

Because that option is for keeping patterns in sync across multiple machines. It auto sends program changes according to pattern number when on.

1 Like

Just to be clear, turning PROG CHANG off is for controlling multiple external units?

I’ve got 8 ext midi machines I am trying to sequence from DIGI

No. Activating PROG CH SEND in the DT’s SETTINGS > MIDI CONFIG > SYNC menu is for sending out Program Change messages every time the pattern changes. It facilitates systems where there are multiple instruments that need to change their patterns or programs at the same time.

It has nothing to do with sending MIDI note messages from the DT’s MIDI sequencer tracks.

Hey Peter.

I’m struggling to understand how this would work.

Each of those 8 external midi machines would need their own channel so they can be sequenced independently of each other.

In this mode you can either send out a PROG CHANG message on 1 channel [1-16] or the auto channel.

For each of those machines to receive the PROG CHANG message they would all have to be on the same midi channel, making independant sequencing impossible?

I must be missing something here

Perhaps that:

Sorry Peter I’m really trying here. This kind of programming on an MPC is effortless.

PROG CH SEND - Enabled
PROG CH OUT CH - 16
MIDI CHANNELS A-H -16 in channel menu

MIDI A SRC CH9 [sequencing]
MIDI B SRC CH10 etc…

Not achieving pattern change this way?

Let’s take it one step at a time. Which method do you want to use:

1. Automatic sending of Program Change message on one MIDI channel whenever DT changes pattern ,
    or
  2. Individual Program Change messages sent on various channels as programmed by you?

second option so long as all channels change at the same time.

OK. So:

And the next clarification is:

Pattern change on what instrument?

Ok. I had the second way running perfectly, except one synth alway lagged by a decent amount, which is why I was trying the first method.

The issue probably sits with that particular synth.

1 Like

Maybe a synth clock division issue out of sync with the Digi sequencer?

I might go back to my original settings again and try and resolve the lagging issue as everything else seems to be working.

I REALLY APPRECIATE YOUR HELP!

Which particular synth? What precisely are the symptoms?