Program change on 1.11

On the older firmware if I had a track with a locked program change for an external synth, or even just a set program number, not even locked, I could go to a new pattern with only the midi channel enabled and keep playing the same patch, then when I’d go back to the original pattern any changes i had made on the synth would be reset back to the original saved patch by the program change message. So i could make all sorts of changes on the external synth knowing it would all revert back to saved when i changed back to there original pattern.
On 1.11 it no longer resets the patch on any of my external synths. I’m guessing the behaviour changed when they added the Sub Bank ability into the source page.
Anyone else had this issue?

Yes, I have experienced the same behavior with my Blofeld. I opened a support ticket (#34981: Digitakt 1.11 Midi Program change problems), about that and a few other issues I experienced after updating to 1.11, most of which were just user error but the one you just described still remains. I asked support if it were possible to roll back to 1.10, which I think I’d still like to do but so far have had no reply at all. I opened that ticket on 20 Oct 2019.

I assumed it was just something I was doing wrong and kind of gave up on it, interesting that I’m not alone.

I have rolled back several times in the past with no issues. Always to the OS before the compressor was added, which i think also added the mute light bug.

I might give it a shot then, 1.10 was working well for me. All I had to do was change pattern and every playing patch in Blofeld’s multi mode would change flawlessly, I could tweak anything I wanted on Blofeld’s panel, even the patch, change Digitakt pattern and it all would re-set as expected. Not since 1.11 tho, Blofeld just stays in it’s last touched state and then refuses to PrgCh at all until Digitakt is re-started.

Everything works fine with 1.11 unless you change program on Blofeld’s panel, then it won’t work properly again until Digitakt is re-started. Just have to remember not to change program from Blofeld’s panel. Reeeeally wish we could roll back to the way program change was handled in 1.10 (why was it changed anyway?) but keep scale per track, I don’t want to lose that.

Would also have been nice to get an answer from support after nearly 4 months.

I’d make sure i was backed up using elk herd or something before doing it, but I’ve not had problems myself.