Problems with mute mode (bassdrum) in live situation

Hello community. Yesterday I used the AR MK 2 the first time in a live situation. The following happened:

During the live set, I was in the mute mode. And sometimes the bassdrum pad switched automatically off. When I held my finger on the button, it stayed on, but as soon as I liftet my finger, it switched off. It happened not all the time, but quite often and it was very annoying.

My setup:I use the internal sequencer of the MK 2. I send a clock signal from Ableton Live to it. Also I send a clock signal out of the MK2 to a loop station.

Does anyone know what the problem might be?

did the pad lights go blue at any point? Perhaps you held down function by accident? hitting function + pad(s) in mute mode cues up a mutestate change which only executes when you release the buttons.

yes, i use function + Pads to mute more than one pad at same time.

My problem was, that the pad was not muted and suddenly became automatically muted after one step

Could you have acidentally entered a song mute?

You can enter song mutes into a chain or even one pattern without using song mode. In mute mode, hold down chain and the pads will turn yellow, whichever ones you press will be muted on the next play of the pattern…

To check hold down chain in mute mode and see if BD is yellow, if not press it. It should be normal after leaving the pattern or power cycling though.

1 Like

Here’s this too in case somehow Abe’s was sending midi and your BD trig page not parameter was not at 0.

1 Like