Problem with Pattern Change Length when slaved to OT

I’ve just tried it yes it does change late for me
even using project settings set 16 it’s the same late 16 steps…
I normally have pattern settings set to pattern length so I can set how long I want them to play before changing and it works that way…
But yes I agree you should think it should work…

Edit… The minimum I can get it to work is 64

2 Likes

So it works if both Use Pat Set and CHNG are both 64? What if they are different Master lengths?

in pattern settings on OT
use pat set 64/16
or use prj set 64/16
master length 128 in one pattern 256 in the other…
both digi set to change 16

64/16 is the minimum i can set the OT and have the digis follow correctly
regardless of master length

1 Like

Curiouser and curiouser…

What happens when Master lengths are not both divisions of 16/64? I would do this myself but I’m not at my machines…

I’ve written support.

Seemed to work with change LEN = 2 on DN…
Edited, no 2 steps late. :content:

3 Likes

just tried, it still changes as the set pattern settings regardless of master length…
I like using use pat set …PLEN and have that dictate how long i play each pattern…
but you should think it would work

1 Like

Edited: Yeah. It’s tricky.

Interesting. Do you mean that you have to set it to a low value to make it work, or do you mean that it works even with a setting of 2 ?

Doesn’t work with ch len 2. I noticed it after changing 1st note, too late.

That’s what I wanted to try. So it seems to work.

Yeah. This way you can clearly see on the OT display that the DN sends the PC on the last step before the switch.

2 Likes

Glad to hear it. But this method has been a no-go for me because I rely heavily on the OT arranger.

Support wrote back. They’re aware of the problem and are working on a fix. They stated they hope for one as it’s “very annoying”.

Good to know they’re working on it and that we have some people there on our side. :black_heart:

5 Likes

Me too ! It seems that they heard our choir !

2 Likes

Ok so just to confirm the digis and analogs all share this problem?

That really has some weight for them then.

I thought that CH. LEN problem was solved for A4/AR since last updates. Isn’t it?

I just tried Rytm master A4 follow…
Both set to Len 64 Chng 16 and the A4 changes late same as Octatrack & digi

2 Likes

I’m glad you tested that…I was about to ask if someone could try combinations of analogs and digis…

@sezare56 I didn’t see anything about that in the fix notes? I remember one update fixed a CH. LEN issue but I think it had to do with a problem on the box itself.

Support gave me the impression the issue is on the AR while I had thought it was with the OT.

It kind of makes sense, though: the box is telling itself correctly to change after xx step but only sends the PC when it changes. This would make sense if working with other boxes…but it’s a problem when the other box is setup to change after xx step when receiving the PC as well. It’s like an internal vs send PC issue.

2 Likes

Probably what I read.

For whatever reason I never used chng pattern setting with the digis until today. I know its been an issue on the big boxes but now that I’ve realized today that it happens on the digis too it makes me think Elektron is incapable of fixing this. Not trying to flame but if this is an issue on boxes near 8 years old and the new machines, which were built after knowing the issue, it seems fundamental.
Oh well, I’ll live.

1 Like