Problem with audio Usb on Model Samples

The Usb and Midi connections on my Model Samples doesn’t work. I downloaded the Transfer from Electron, but the program doesn’t recognize the usb connection, so it doesn’t recognize the Model Samples. So, I can’t load samples or to load the firmware update.

I tried with Ableton, in preferences Ableton recognize the usb connection, but when I hit the pads it does nothing so the usb doesn’t work. Same with the Midi out, Ableton recognize the midi out of the Model Samples, but when I hit the pads nothing.

So, what do? Maybe I have to adjust some midi settings on the Model Samples?

Please guys help

Blockquote: I tried with Ableton, in preferences Ableton recognize the usb connection, but when I hit the pads it does nothing so the usb doesn’t work. Same with the Midi out, Ableton recognize the midi out of the Model Samples, but when I hit the pads nothing.

press FUNC+TRACK and activate MOut per track

1 Like

Thank you very much. Now the usb midi it works in Ableton, but now I’m trying to figure out how to record audio through usb. At the moment when activate an audio channel in Ableton and play in Model Samples it makes a weird noise. So the audio channel it seems that gets signal from the Model Samples but it is just a noise…

Is there any settings that I should do for Audio through its usb?

Hm, i don`t have a Model:Samples. Check in settings/AudioConfig/TRK Out if it is set to USB (per track). And set M:S as input device in abletons audio settings.

But it is class compliant, so you can record audio over USB. There are menu settings for what goes over USB, so I would start there. Or, you know, read the manual. You probably want “A + M” selected.

2 Likes

Thanks.

I read the manual all the time, it looks like some functions are misleading and not in the right place or order, and as a result provoke confusion to the user. For example, I activated the A + M, in order to be able to record audio via usb, and still nothing. But, after that I tried to load the firmware update and the Transfer program recognized this time my Model Samples, just because I activated the A + M, when in fact usb connection can be only midi and with no audio…

So, now I have installed the firmware update but still nothing with the audio, I can’t hear sounds from the Model Samples in my DAW or to record through the Model Samples usb connection … So, the audio doesn’t work.

Maybe is there yet another hidden function?

Did you try that?

„ 11.4.3 TRK OUT
Sets if the separate tracks sends audio to the MAIN OUT, HEADPHONES OUT, and USB or not. Use the [T1–T6] pads to toggle the tracks on and off.“

Maybe check your DAW settings.

Sounds like you are reading a manual not matching the installed firmware version. Make sure you are using the latest manual directly from the Elektron support page and not a version from a google search.