Problem sequencing other gear with Analog Rytm

I can seem to get the Rytm to sequence my Pulsar 23. I am able to play the pulsar with rytm pads, but when I hit play after sequencing nothing happens. The mutes aren’t on. I’ve already sequenced pulsar with Digitone successfully. I’ve turned on trigs to send out midi settings. Gone through all the other settings I can find and still stumped. Does anyone I’ve any ideas? Thanks.

I don’t think that the Rytm will sequence external gear. It can control it live, but does not send out sequence data.

Edit: sorry, was basing my knowledge on an older Cuckoo video, this feature has since been added.

Have you checked your MIDI Channels are set correctly? It’ll send the midi info over the channel to which you set it on the midi menu.

It can also not send info if both the synth and sample engine are turned off…

1 Like

Enable it …

I think they might have…

Hmm thanks all. I’ve enabled midi out on trigs. I’m seeing on the pulsar that it’s receiving midi when the AR is playing a sequence (flashing red for midi received) but they are not assigned. However, the pads are assigned (flashing green). Maybe it’s something to do with the note value?

• Connect midi out of RYTM to midi in on Pulsar
  • Click and hold learn button on pulsar, then press pad on RYTM you want to trigger the sound - i.e. click+hold learn over BD then press BD on RYTM. Repeat for remaining sounds you want to map.
  • You should now be able to trigger Pulsar via the RYTM pads.
    To send midi out from recorded tracks from the RYTM, select the BD track (TRK + DB), then press FUNC TRIG - ensure TRK 1 SEND MIDI is checked. Repeat for remaining tracks.

Record your jam and you should be good to go.

Did you get it working after all these suggestions? I have a same problem here, every possible box is checked but i still get the same: "when touching pads MIDI works (green light on P23), if sequence plays MIDI works but notes are not assigned (red light on P23). I tried with my Digitakt too and its the same. Strange is that 6 months ago it worked with DT, but now not :slight_smile:

Any extra ideas? Maybe some update problem, should i downgrade to some previous os? I have 1.61

B