Problem loading new sounds via sysex dump

Hey everyone…

just wanted to load some new sounds to the a4mk2 but it seems every second sound is failing…
It looks basically like this:

any ideas?

just updated to latest version, still have the issue :frowning:

have another problem now. It seems some sounds loaded on bank/slot(?)D but I can only see them in in the sound browser, not in the manager, but I can delete them in the sound manager, but the system then stops running and I have to restart, already did a factory reset to get it back running…

Any ideas? Is it broken? :frowning:

thanks alot four your help

alright I found out that I can drag and drop the sounds manually one by one and it works. But this will take me hours…

Are there any solutions to my problem?

1 Like

Yes, transfer seems quite buggy/broken for sysex to machine.
Try old c6 or sysex librarian for mac, look if you have other filetypes ( if its a newer sounpack), try with clicking sysex transfer in transfer (seems also not ideal), maybe report to elektron.

1 Like

thanks alot!

I now put all files manually on the machine… took a while but I did it… hopefully it gets fixed…

have a great day!!

Thanks, hope you have a nice day and can also spend some time in the shadow or water.
Yes lets hope it gets fixed. Transfer seems to work smooth with samples etc( don‘t know), and with the newer soundfiletypes.
and very normal bugs in such a complex thing.

But strange that it seems noone at elektron tried to transfer drop a bunch of .syx sounds to a machine since weeks ( or months) and saw it not working.
I sent a support ticket now, although i somehow prefer c6 and librarian ( for a4 1 and dn)
Asked also if sending both syx and the new types to machine is ok ( i suppose and hope yes…)
Edit: ah in auto-answer mail its written will take longer from 20. june to september to answer due to vacation.
Greetings to the swedish lakes…

1 Like

ah your too kind, hope you the same and some cool drinks! :slight_smile:

can you tell me where to find c6? Just looked through the internet and cant find it…

I mean its the first bug and it also tought me how to reset the a4, so it was a quite good learning experience :slight_smile:

1 Like

Ah sorry couldn’t see reply.
Yes, at the moment c6 can still be found at
Elektron.se under support for :face_with_monocle: analog drive.
( doesn‘t work for mac (64bit) there you need sysex librarian.)
Sysex dump is is described in the (mk1?) a4 manual and other places. Have a nice day.
For os upgrade and some other stuff transfer worked ok for me.

1 Like

Ah nice already got a reply ( from a nice lake maybe…) Thanks to support team.
Ps maybe interesting for soundpack creators to add the info. Maybe/probably still a lot out there without the new endings. Also in another thread one person could only send single .syx to decive and with some errors i think, maybe not something general(?)

Hi …, Thanks for contacting us! ​ We recommend using the new filetypes, as this is more convenient and what Transfer is designed for. Each sound pack includes one copy of the Sounds in the new file format and one copy of the exact same Sounds in the .syx format for those who for some reason can’t use Transfer or prefer the legacy way of transferring things. To transfer .syx Sounds and projects via Transfer, you need to click on go to the SYSEX TRANSFER page and follow the instructions. Due to a known bug in Transfer, the SYSEX TRANSFER page currently doesn’t automatically open when dropping e.g. a .syx Sound on the DROP page. ​ Regardless of which format you transfer, they are just a container and the Sounds will be the same once they are on the device. Kind Regards, Patrik - Elektron

2 Likes

aaahhh great, ok now I found it. Its kinda hidden on the startscreen when I load up Transfer…

Thanks for the reply, you helped me alot! <3

1 Like