Probably the most pointless, shallow question ever asked on this forum

Grey or black? Does anyone think there’ll be a big difference in re sale potential down the line? I’m leaning towards the old grey one

No.

4 Likes

Grey it is then

If you’re buying an OT and are already thinking about selling it, it doesn’t bode well.

20 Likes

Blessed words

1 Like

Should have thought about the colour of your other gear. My OT made me kick the other babies out the nest.

2 Likes

Maybe grey because black will become more popular so grey ones actually become the harder to find ones?

3 Likes

Initially the black one will have a higher resale value. I know having recently sold a black Rytm MKII. But after a few years it’ll probably even out. Maybe grey will become retro cool? Then, when they’re both discontinued, the resale value will gradually go more and more mental Monomachine style.

5 Likes

You want to see shallow how about the question “what kind of car do you drive?”.

1 Like
2 Likes

The black one sounds better. So does the grey one.

11 Likes

The Black one with probably Fade to Grey anyway in sunlight.

2 Likes

I read 1/64 of the black OT’s is Overbridge compatible with a button combo. Gotta get lucky!

The grey ones are built in Sweden as well aren’t they? Or is it just all units are now from Poland?

Suppose the colour won’t matter much after I’ve finished beating myself on the head with it trying to figure it out ha

I’ve sold my black rytm to buy the octatrack as I wasn’t using the analogue side of the machine. Only got 1020 for it on eBay yesterday

rytm mk2? I would have given you 1100!

1 Like

I’ve been shafted I’m too inpatient. Never thought to come on here and ask you guys to be fair

Just wait, Elektron’s next move will be to re-issue the A4 and AR in the smaller boxes again. That’ll cause a real dilemma.

May I point to that very interesting thread:

Depending on future Elektron QC, the resale value of an OT will not just be dependent on the color of the faceplate as a matter of taste but as a signifier for a certain set of built qualities (justified or not).

:laughing:almost time to shelve a few OT’s

1 Like