Probability with MIDI tracks

Hello. So i’ve been playing with my Elektron boxes and my Eurorack via a MIDI to CV converter. Started with my M:C and wanted to move on to my DT for the separate MIDI track and ability to sample. I had a question involving the probability per track. If i’m using the MIDI track to back up an audio track (say a single cycle synth) is there a way to get them on the same type of probability? Like i know i can set them both to 93% (and copying the audio track and pasting it onto the MIDI track actually does that) but is there a way to get them to play exactly the same probability?

I don’t have a DT (yet) but you could put the audio track on track 8 and the MIDI track on MIDI track 1 and use a NEI condition on the trig on the MIDI track matching the one on the audio track with the 93% probability?

I don’t expect it wraps around like that - at least i don’t believe it does on other boxes

Probably avoids certain edge cases where it could be conceptually weird

don’t have a DT, my hunch is … unlikely

but couldn’t you get a hypothetical case where the ‘chance’ MIDI track is routed back into the Audio Track to play it (along with teh synth via a Midi Thru)

anyway - by replying here i should get notification if this NEI hack is possible ! Curious to see

2 Likes

Ha! I actually thought that this could possible be a solution but was wondering if there was another way. Thanks!

Whoa never thought of that. So you’re saying do not have the audio track sequenced just the MIDI track and have the MIDI track trigger both the audio track of the DT and my Eurorack?

1 Like

Yeah - as a last resort - you lose easy p-locks and sound locks etc - but it might solve some cases

1 Like

You thought so at one point: Trig Con NEI on Track 1 - #3 by avantronica

But the manual is a bit terse on this feature. I guess someone has to try it!

1 Like

haha … never trust unsolicited internet opinions from folk who don’t own - cool !! :thup:

i vaguely recalled some chatter on that (evidently paid no attention as i wasn’t a DT owner) … but yeah - good surprise i guess, possibly the same on DN then

the weirdness i wondered about is evidently broken by not having M8 link to A1, so that frees up M1 to A8

A post was split to a new topic: Digitakt sending MIDI to Wavestate + Ableton help