Digitakt sending MIDI to Wavestate + Ableton help

good evening, i’m new about digitakt.how could i send midi from korg wavestate to digitakt and then get to ableton? thanks

You can connect the MIDI Out port of the wavestate to the MIDI In port of the Digitakt. Then you could either:

• use a MIDI track on the DT to send MIDI messages via USB to your computer, or
  • connect the MIDI Thru port on the DT to pass MIDI messages to a MIDI interface connected to your computer.

Another method would be to connect both the wavestate and the DT to your computer using USB and to route the MIDI messages in your software.

thank you very much for that. could i connect the motu ultralite if i understood correctly? and from there to the computer;

Yes.

what settings should i have in ableton? and in digitakt i do not know if i make the right settings thanks again.

let’s say I want to send two midi channels from wavestate to digitakt. then I put track A midi channel 1 and track B midi channel 2? thank you. I’m probably wrong somewhere

If you connect:

• MIDI Out of wavestate to MIDI In of Digitakt, and
  • MIDI Thru of DT to MIDI In on Ultralite,

then the only setting you need on DT is to set THRU PORT FUNC to “MIDI” in the SETTINGS > MIDI CONFIG > PORT CONFIG menu.

Now MIDI messages from wavestate will be sent to both the DT and the Ultralite.

I don’t use Ableton Live so I don’t know.

It depends. That is not necessary if you just want to send MIDI messages from wavestate to both DT and Ableton Live. What do you actually want to happen with these MIDI messages?

I want to sequence from wavestate to digitakt or take notes from wavestate while playing.thanks