Preparing live set on OTmkII + volca bass

Hallo, I preparing a live set and have some misunderstanding with concept.
So far I built set as:

T1 kik T2 Rumble/Bass T3 T4 tops/perc/HH
T5 thru machine for Volca
T6 (one shots/fx or pad)
T7 flex7 for re sampling Master
T8 Master

This pattern settings are copied all over the OT, on every pattern and PART so I can resample Part1 while I am in part2 etc

My workflow: I set up TWO paters for one technotrack to mute amps on Ttracks 1-6 and mangle with dials for filters and delays and reverbs and amp settings/envelopes, (first pattern is main and second pattern is variation). So in One bank I could technicaly have 8 techno tracks. (And here starts my problem)

Problem: I want to play as many techno tracks as I can. Most of them are from one shots or single 1bar loops. But thing is i understand how to load different samples with different parts and asign them to patterns, but that gives me only 4 technotrack for live performance.
How to overthink this concept to load more different sound samples to get more than 4 techno songs?

(only solution so far I understand is different sample with different parameter locks, but this approatch is not flexible and improvisation friendly, its more suited for DJing) I also see, I can replace samples in pool on a go, but that is not what I mean.

I want to prepare tracks in paterns and banks, like I prepare one track when I open a new OT project.

Ideas?

Using sample chains will give you access to many more samples per project.

2 Likes

Thank you!

Technically sample chains allow you to create two different tracks within the same part, but this approach is quite limiting because you don’t have the freedom to change any part-related parameter within a pattern (so for example changing the fx on a slot will also impact the other pattern).

It is much easier to use one part per track which gives you a total of 4 parts x 8 banks = 32 tracks within a project (should be plenty for a live set).