Prelisten parameter locked machines?

Hi, is it possible to prelisten parameter locked machines on a Track which were added afterwards? Let’s say I have a Kick on Track 1. Now I add a snare via plock on step 9. Pressing the T1 pad plays the snare when I am choosing it from the folder structure, but after selecting it T1 plays the Kick again. How can i prelisten to that snare on step 9 without having to play the sequence everytime I make adjustments to the snare?

And a second question in that context, let’s say Track 2 has a snare on it, can I copy that snare and paste it on a trig on different Tracks? For example on that step9 of my Drum Track 1?

Ordinarily, this was not possible on Elektron (recent updates to other boxes got a preview command) except when using e.g. an external keyboard on the auto channel - it wasn’t a [perfect solution as it involved reprogramming the step with teh same note/vel, but if you did that whilst holding teh trig down in Grid edit mode, it would audition the track parameters being held

this doesn’t seem to work on teh cycles and i suspect it is unintended behaviour - it possibly plays the locks but doesn’t seem to play the machine lock

this should be a yes, it sorta works, but in my testing it seems buggy - it seemingly copies the step - yet somehow sounds different despite values looking right - i suspect a bug

each step can play on any track - so it should work