Pre-roll with midi sync?

I was trying to use the preroll but it wasn’t working, which i assumed had to do with the fact that the syntakt was synced via midi. I found that disabling transport send brings the preroll back. Is there any way to use preroll while sending transport info? 🥹 thanks in advance

just remembered this from another thread, can’t confirm. assume it’s correct though.

1 Like

Me too. :content:

1 Like

use blank patterns and song mode?

Are you asking why someone would do that to supplement preroll?

no, not asking – offering it as a suggestion that sometimes works around issues like this

1 Like

That’s what sezare was saying in the other thread, I think it’s the only option.

2 Likes

Ive been trying to figure this out, and this seems to confirm – Syntakt doesnt support pre-roll? Ive read this thread and the other, and somehow it still isnt 100% in my mind.

Does the device support preroll in standalone or in sync/transport mode, or not? Doles anyone know, if it doesnt support pre-roll, is Elektron working on adding that?

Yes.

Not slaved.

feature-request@elektron.se

1 Like

…since pre roll does not translate on elektron devices, once synced up, the best way to work with a pre roll, is to set up the hosting/masterclocking daw to run with a count in…

2 Likes

A feature request is needed for pre-roll in DAW mode? Na, I’ll just wait and see. The Syntakt just wont occupy that role in my studio until its easier to accomplish pre-rolls. Hopefully Elektron dont need to be prodded to include such a feature.

…even if implemented, what would u get out of it?
ur elektron device would always run behind ur daw arrangement…
use a count in on ur daw…count in and pre roll do the xact same musical trick…

As said above, you can use a dummy pattern as pre-roll, pattern chain, song mode…

1 Like

I get that, thanks.