Power Handle Safety Recall

This doesn’t match my experience. My ARmkii is freaking awesome.

10 Likes

Good thing I had mine over the sunny weeks… made a bunch of beats with it outside… now the rain has come and it’s going back…

And I bought this super Varta charger with extra super rechargeable batteries… what else do AA!? Need to put them in something… musically that is.

1 Like

So it’s now officially available in black? :wink:

10 Likes

Is that the Next Wednesday announcement? I was expecting a major DN update :roll_eyes:

1 Like

Yeah, my handle was overheating and broken from day 1 :’’’[

1 Like

In which thread am I?

Well shoot. Mine seems to be working fine, and it’s been really useful for me. I guess that’s the way it goes sometimes.

2 Likes

The power handle was sort of doomed since the start it seems. Not only took it ages to become available, now they all have to be returned… I’m feeling sorry for Elektron, and a good call to take no risks!

5 Likes

So there wasn’t an update on Wednesday but a recall on Thursday…

1 Like

That hurts. But Power Handle 2.0 will come with a 10 hours (rechargeable) battery! Just make it 18650 or so Elektron so we can have a spare one in our bags!

2 Likes

Sad octatrack user noises

1 Like

And I thought it was me that was bringing the heat to all my M:S beats lately.

7 Likes

Let’s all welcome a company that acknowledge its errors. They’re not all like that.

23 Likes

In Europe there’s statutory obligations when safety is at stake. No European company would get away (for long) with not recalling self-combustible products.

8 Likes

Maybe they will be smart enough to include a ordinary battery compartment in future devices, just like other manufacturers do :wink:

3 Likes

Too hot to … handle, eh?

Sorry.

22 Likes

Something something, something something … those beats are fire tho. :fire:

…drop it like it’s hot…?

with such an easy peasy product, it might be hard to separate in different batches…
for sure only a small percentage was actually faulty and leaded to overheating…

since u can’t separate, ur doing better to recall ALL…that’s what’s happening here…
bet, that chinese manufacturing company, cause surely it ain’t made in sweden, will have to pay regress…

but i’m also afraid, this is it…not only for now…with that formerly nice and fancy design plan of batterypowerd stylish to go and to stand/place ur model device perfectly where ever u want it to be…won’t make a return…

so, whoever has one in use and had no reason to complain about it yet, should keep it…
can’t agree with craig who’s stating, u all better return urs to be on the safe side…
this is a damned simple thing…technically…and if it worx…it worx…if it overheats or even causes little electric shox, congrats…U catched one of those faulty monday mornin classic units…give it back and say goodbye to it…it won’t come back…

and hey…of course this was never ment to be used with non rechargeables…
shame on all of u who actually did so…seriously…

1 Like

You heard about those class action lawsuits in the US? No company wants one of those…

1 Like

I’m just paraphrasing the advice from Elektron :woman_shrugging:

4 Likes