Power Handle Safety Recall

Trying new things is never a bad thing, they tried, learned and will use that wisdom in future products.

13 Likes

Someone had mentioned that it burnt on the forum…

2 Likes

It seems that they’re only offering refunds, not replacements.

If the overheating defect only affects “a very small number of units”, why is this the case?

I have one, and have had no issues with it, but I’m obviously not taking any chances, so it’s going back. But the fact that they’re not replacing them means that I won’t be either.

2 Likes
  • Inserts joke about overheating risk to world from non-rechargeables
5 Likes

Unfortunate turn of events. Perhaps they’ll find a solution to the fault.

Should beta testers be concerned with their handles?

Aww this is sucks for Elektron and customers :sad:

FAQ here:

7 Likes

like the Model:Cycles? I agree!

2 Likes

Yes. Everyone. Advice is to cease using them straight away. Remove batteries. Unplug everything. Then send it back to them.

4 Likes

You’ll have to pry my power handles from my cold, dead hands! (Raises power handle above head in defiance)
Seriously, I think I’m keeping mine. I will remove the batteries when it’s going to be unused, but I still want that damn handle.

6 Likes

I’m not sure that’s wise. There’s obviously a major fault if they’re all being recalled en masse. Unless you want to disconnect it and remove the batteries every time you’re not using it.

1 Like

Yes, that is what I’m suggesting. Leave the batteries in the bag until I am actually going to use it for any length of time. That’s how much I hate having to use a tethered USB brick when I’m using it away from home.

Still considering just keeping it as tilt stand…

1 Like

those are fine. i’m thinking of a proper big box like MnM or MD :wink:

2 Likes

Gives us some new machines in the Model:Cycles and all will be forgiven.

5 Likes

I’ll do with new machines for the M:C :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

3 Likes

Man I think the days of those mega boxes are long gone. But what if… Elektron just releases a branded PC…

3 Likes

This doesn’t match my experience. My ARmkii is freaking awesome.

10 Likes

Good thing I had mine over the sunny weeks… made a bunch of beats with it outside… now the rain has come and it’s going back…

And I bought this super Varta charger with extra super rechargeable batteries… what else do AA!? Need to put them in something… musically that is.

1 Like

So it’s now officially available in black? :wink:

10 Likes

Is that the Next Wednesday announcement? I was expecting a major DN update :roll_eyes:

1 Like