Post your artwork here - please read the "rules" : )

Holy shit…your line werk reminds me of my fave, Jean Giraud (Moebius). Really nice :+1:t6:

4 Likes

I totally get this. When i was more into photography i was always thinking about if i “created” art, or just capturing stuff. hehe.

I took some pictures in a big snowstorm up in the mountains some years back. The visibility was almost zero, and i had to abuse some sliders in Lightroom to even see what i took pictures of. But i’m always thinking they would work as album cover for a future release.

And here is a picture where you can actually see what i was shooting.

54 Likes

Roujin-Z ?

Thank you. I’ve always enjoyed that kind of very precise linework, and Giraud was probably my first exposure to that style

2 Likes

I use a Lamy Scala fountain pen, I hope I correctly remember the name. It has a very rigid nib – in a good way – partly I feel like the pen itself is responsible for wanting me to do these kinds of things.
„Generative“ or „algorithmic“ are good terms for this kind of idea exploration!

What kind of things did you draw?

Cool pictures

Also love the back story of it

Thanks. Might have been one of the dummest things i ever did. hehe. We had to use a GPS to find our way out. And we where dangerously close to the animals a couple of times.

2 Likes

Thanks for the kind words! I love your shots too. I’ve rediscovered analog photography recently and been shooting on all sorts of weird old cameras. Here’s some shots from a Zeiss Ikon from 1954 (£10 from a charity shop): https://www.flickr.com/photos/ideolocator/albums/72157710517736543

2 Likes

That’s a nice pen! Lamy is great. Been wanting a brass Kaweco for a looong time though :sweat_smile:

Very similar to some of yours - like topographical map type lines. Another common one was overlapping small boxes and rectangles with a few rules about levels of depths how they were shaded. I wish I still had them to share!

1 Like

Ha! Nice guesses! Roujin-Z is especially great! As predictable as it is, it’s sourced from Ghost in the Shell.

Cool! I got some vintage Zeiss and Voightlander cameras myself. But i havent tried them yet. I do mostly use vintage lenses on my digital camera though.

1 Like

I dug a few on our infinitely achived online! Nothing compared to yours and far lower fidelity.

29 Likes

Damn! Awesome! That top one especially looks like a painting!

1 Like

These are amazing.

1 Like

All of these are great, but that 2600 one is FIRE. Have any more in that style?

2 Likes

Thanks. That’s a comic-style thing done - I think - using Procreate and the absurdly-named Clip Studio Paint Pro (the comic layout/art program formerly known as Manga Studio) on the iPad Pro. Here’s another, this one done in the Manga Studio version on the desktop computer (using Wacom Cintiq):

8 Likes

Dude this is awesome.

1 Like

Barely do any artwork these days, but here’s some recent-ish release artwork I made for my label.

11 Likes

-https://archives451.tumblr.com/archive
-https://www.instagram.com/attackdecaysustainrelease/
I’m open to some project or to respond to some needs :mage:

7 Likes