Possible to make a jazz kit?

yes please I’d buy this kit

2 Likes

I would add that you can get a nice cross-stick sound by using a high pass filter with slight positive envelope. Not exclusive to Jazz, but still a good trick. This applies to any snare machine or sample.

A sample of a cross-stick is faster, but I’m too lazy to find one.

2 Likes

You could always upload a beta version and me or others could test it for you! :yum:

Great work!

1 Like

Nice man!! I spent a little time trying to make drums sound more realistic for a project and got some decent results with Vel Mod …but… I never thought of doing vMod to sample slots. Can’t believe I never thought of that!!

Thank you for the idea

3 Likes

Thanks :slight_smile: I’m still working on getting this kit together to upload for you guys, just been busy at work and other stuff but I’ll let you know when I’m finished :slightly_smiling_face:

6 Likes

Any updates on this? Would really like to throw cash at you for this kit lol

4 Likes

Can’t wait to try this kit

3 Likes

Hey guys I’ve made a little jazz like kit. Not as expressive as @garfield ‘s kit but I like it.

How do I download my kit with samples, performance macros, scenes etc. and share it with y’all?

3 Likes

You can do a sysex dump AFAIK!

Pardon my ignorance but what does “ AFAIK” mean? Lol

So, on RYTM I press sysex dump and have it connected to my computer and that’s it? Or do I need to have overbridge or transfer or something running on my laptop first?

Thanks

AFAIK is an abbreviation for As Far As I Know … AFAIK anyway :sweat_smile:

The instructions for SysEx Dump are in the manual in section 14.5: https://www.elektron.se/wp-content/uploads/2021/06/Analog-Rytm-MKII-User-Manual_ENG_OS1.61B_210603.pdf

Could try to map vel to sample start and make sample chains of each drum too. Keep the env tight and not have to fill ur whole ram, maybe.

1 Like

Best procedure in my opinion would be to

• save your sounds in your +Drive (use distinctive names that you can find easily, e.g. “BD JAZZ” and if possible an empty bank)
  • use Transfer to access your Sounds and export them on your computer

That would be the easiest and more useful way, I think.

4 Likes

Hey guys, sorry I’ve been real quiet here lately, past few months have been really crazy in my life. Mostly, sorry to @furlatron bro, my apologies. I still want to upload my kit for you guys, but since it works off of having all these samples in the right order so that the vel mod switches between the correct slots for each drum sound. I do wonder- does overbridge total recall make any sort of save file that I can send? That would be the easiest and most seamless for me.

3 Likes

Elektron Transfer makes it the most simple for you and most others, I believe. From what I understand; it makes it so you wouldn’t need to worry about the intricacies behind successfully capturing the samples. I have yet to actually try sharing a project (or kit) with someone this way though. However, Transfer may not be an option for those who don’t use Windows or MacOS.

Thank you for offering to share and I hope that you stay well! :heart:

1 Like

I think it would make sense to export sysex of a whole “project” with just the kit in it, so that the samples follow it in the correct order. Maybe that’s not necessary? When you export sysex, which is how I’ve uploaded a synthesis based kit, that was an option.

Forget sysex: now with Transfer when you export a project al the samples used are exported as well, everything in the same file.

You can thus just create a new project, paste your Kit on the first Pattern, save and export.

3 Likes

Is this for real ?
Damn, I’m so confused about how to properly save backups for the AR.

2 Likes

I’ll have to give it a shot, probably have to update my Transfer. But yeah, it’s gotta be the whole project because when you save just the kit, it doesn’t reference all the samples in the project, just the “default” sample for each sound in the kit.

2 Likes