Possible To Keep Effect Tails When Pressing Stop?

How do you keep the delay and reverb tails when pressing stop? I want to bounce a mix from the OT and when I press stop I want the delay to fade out rather than abruptly stop.

It should, unless you hit stop twice

3 Likes

Stop stops recording too. You can stop recording after one of these :
Chain a blank pattern for the end
Use Mute with Arranger
Use midi tracks or external midi to send VOL= 0 for all tracks

2 Likes

Oh - stupid me. I think the delay is on the audio track…

1 Like

I thought you wanted internal bounce…doable with fx tail too.

i have a similiar problem. i want to use STOP and PLAY for performance purposes without stopping the recording. is there a way to do this?

Could you elaborate ?

Pressing STOP stops recordings. If you press PLAY, it act as pause, the recordings continue.

You can mute tracks with Plays Free tracks, switch to an empty pattern, mute tracks with scenes…

4 Likes

i have a external synth-loop which has a long revererb on it.
it plays through an THRU track.
on STOP i want to stop all the tracks, just have the reverb-tail.
on PLAY everything starts again.

is there a way?

Change to a blank pattern with the same part

oh, but that doesnt stop the synth’s sequencer from playing.

Why do you absolutely want to stop it ?

And you want to record during the reverb tail ?
Do you want to press PLAY synced to another musician or another particular event ?
If not, you can switch to a blank/empty pattern, it can be 2 steps long, so switching to another pattern can be relatively quick.

1 Like

i want to stop the synth (and everything on OT) from playing, just have the reverb-tail.
after a certain time i want to start everything at 1.

the whole performance (with the stop-break, reverb-tail, again start at 1) i wanted to record on the OT to bounce it afterwards.

thanks for helping btw!

1 Like

instead of changing to a blank pattern, try a pattern with turns all the volumes down except your reverb.
i think by now youve had all the suggestions, i’m pretty sure you can figure something out.

2 Likes

Do you have to use the synth’s sequencer? Could you use the OT to sequence it?

1 Like

You could set up a new scene with xvol min and max on A and B respectively and fade out to fx tails only