Portable MIDI Mixer Controller for the Digitakt

Thanks to both of you for your answers. Maybe regarding this aspect the TR-8s is a better product, but I think I can make it work!

1 Like

hello, i have a midi fighter twister. Is there a way to control the whole track effects like when you press “song” and increase the reverb for the whole track? Are there “master” cc values? Thanks in advance

Same config here, work well.

Upon seeing @BudsatWork’s setup, I bought an Akai Pro MIDImix.

I also needed a MIDI host box, and on the same day as I started the search for a decent option, @Bobeats recommended the HobbyTronics MIDI USB - DIN converter
(which arrived super fast and works perfectly).

The setup is great, HOWEVER, the only button I can so far get to work is ‘send all’, which updates the connected device with the parameters of the controller.
The ‘mute’ and other buttons are, from what I’ve read, hard-coded to send specific MIDI messages and the only way of changing this would be a firmware update.

The faders are smooth and have a nice resistance, time will tell if they hold up.
The pots might not be the best if you have large hands, but they have a tactile, raised centre line which can help orientate you in the dark.

Hi,

I bought (again) an old BCF2000 Behringer controller (real faders, motorized, real midi out are cool but it is quite ugly and HUGE compared to today stuff … ).

Does anybody know of a preset to use the BCF2000 (or BCR2000, it shoud work as well) as a midi mixing console for the eight audio tracks of the Digitakt ?

Just trying … i know it is not very hard to set-up, but there are still so many users of those machines from like 15 years ago !

1 Like

hey, did you manage to set this thing?

Yes i did !
It was working perfectly

except for the fact i got a faulty BCF that was “leaking” electricity (in wires, in other machines … i gave up after getting punched quite hard a few times …!)

1 Like

Ouch that 's bad!

Re: BCR2000. This is an original gem from a time when Behringer was only doing blatant copies of other brands (still mostly do, but not exclusively :wink: ). If anyone finds a contemporary alternative with a good number of endless encoders on them: please let me know.

Midi fighter Twister has 4 x 4 endless encoders

1 Like

Thanks, looks cool!

In the Synth Freaks Facebook, where Ulli Behringer hangs sometimes, people often ask him to make a new smaller BCR/BCF with usb and midi and cv/gate !

(and they are absolutly right !)

2 Likes

I do the same, hahaha!

Also, not sure if anybody mentioned it already, but I just discovered that the MPD232 by Akai has 8 knobs, 8 faders and (lo and behold) midi OUT! Ok, it’s a mini-TRS jack, but still better than having to drag a USB to MIDI DIN box around!

Also has a 32-step sequencer which is not necessary but good fluff! The MIDI Editor looks super easy to use as well. I’m going to try and snatch one of these if I get a chance :slight_smile:

A post was merged into an existing topic: TR8S vs Digitakt

So, am I correct thinking you can control the Digitakt via MIDI if you can control what messages the controller sends? Does the Digitakt send messages out? Could I have a pad type control (64x8) with the Digitakt sending Midi out to control the lights and the controller sends messages in to control the Digitakt itself?

I control my DT from Maschine Jam, Kenton Control Freak and/or KeyStep.
Actually with Maschine Jam, I have access to 8 virtual sliders and a lot of push buttons :slight_smile:

1 Like

check out this one, it’s expensive but…

2 Likes

http://faderfox.de/uc4.html

It looks good but yet another controller that is most dialing in a value between 0 and 127 ( not able to define a specific set of values within a table ).

Faderfox do nice controllers for the vast majority of what people want.

Hi, I know this is an old thread. Any chance you could share some info on how to make a raspberry pie into a usb midi host?

Like this? It looks like a pretty common project