Portable MIDI Mixer Controller for the Digitakt

Ouch that 's bad!

Re: BCR2000. This is an original gem from a time when Behringer was only doing blatant copies of other brands (still mostly do, but not exclusively :wink: ). If anyone finds a contemporary alternative with a good number of endless encoders on them: please let me know.

Midi fighter Twister has 4 x 4 endless encoders

1 Like

Thanks, looks cool!

In the Synth Freaks Facebook, where Ulli Behringer hangs sometimes, people often ask him to make a new smaller BCR/BCF with usb and midi and cv/gate !

(and they are absolutly right !)

2 Likes

I do the same, hahaha!

Also, not sure if anybody mentioned it already, but I just discovered that the MPD232 by Akai has 8 knobs, 8 faders and (lo and behold) midi OUT! Ok, it’s a mini-TRS jack, but still better than having to drag a USB to MIDI DIN box around!

Also has a 32-step sequencer which is not necessary but good fluff! The MIDI Editor looks super easy to use as well. I’m going to try and snatch one of these if I get a chance :slight_smile:

A post was merged into an existing topic: TR8S vs Digitakt

So, am I correct thinking you can control the Digitakt via MIDI if you can control what messages the controller sends? Does the Digitakt send messages out? Could I have a pad type control (64x8) with the Digitakt sending Midi out to control the lights and the controller sends messages in to control the Digitakt itself?

I control my DT from Maschine Jam, Kenton Control Freak and/or KeyStep.
Actually with Maschine Jam, I have access to 8 virtual sliders and a lot of push buttons :slight_smile:

1 Like

check out this one, it’s expensive but…

2 Likes

http://faderfox.de/uc4.html

It looks good but yet another controller that is most dialing in a value between 0 and 127 ( not able to define a specific set of values within a table ).

Faderfox do nice controllers for the vast majority of what people want.

Hi, I know this is an old thread. Any chance you could share some info on how to make a raspberry pie into a usb midi host?

Like this? It looks like a pretty common project