Portable Battery to Power Elektron

Slightly related. Constructed a boombox which provides power for any external devices. Amplifier uses 12v, but Drok voltage regulator converts it to 6v for machinedrum. There is also usb power for any device and a 4 channel mono mixer for park jamming! :slight_smile:

17 Likes

Awesome !!!

Wouaow, admirable !
My dream.

@Lukree Mind sharing some details/pointers on the DIY thread, please ?
This is just sooo what I need ! You rule mate !
:smiley:

Sure!

Will post some details once I got a minute. Currently going to a summer cottage with friends to test the damn thing! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Could this work, just plug your PSU in.
http://www.xtorm.eu/en/power-banks/laptop-power-bank-18-000/

Nope.

85W won’t produce enough amps for the PSU.

This thread feels somewhat deadlocked for MD / MM / OT owners.

Does anyone have a one-piece portable battery solution that they are actively using to power MD or MM or OT ?
Something that can copy with the 6V/3A requirements of their respective PSUs ?

which 3 Elektrons?

Google omnicharge pro

i use tbe xtorm it with OT, MnM and MD. i have used it just a couple of times, but it works very well.

1 Like

How many hours could you run a device on, did you find a way to power more than one device at a time?

The other poster seems to have tried it successfully. I would have thought 230AC and 65 watts would be sufficient but not sure how long it would power the device. 230 volts divide 65 watts equals 3.5 amps.

1 Like

I’ve been using a pure sine wave inverter and 12v 7AH battery with my OT. Not as portable, but fine to sling in my bicycle panniers and go off into the woods / along the coast. Will last for days and will happily run anything 240v too.

i tested it with all 3 devices running and after ca. 2h the battery was still 2/3 charged.

8 Likes

That’s cool man. surprised it can run all three at once.

Thanks for posting.

Sadly, I cannot find one for sale in the states. :frowning:

Its an EU thing.

1 Like

Yet these 65W Xtorm batteries are doing the job.

:zonked:

I think I will try a ChargeTech. I can always send it back to Amazon if it doesn’t pan out.

2 Likes

I definitely want to know how that goes! I’m feeling the states pain!