Portable Battery to Power Elektron

Like to know this as well. I have an mki and I think the power draw for it is strange, so most battery packs don’t work with it. I think we’d need a battery pack that has a wall outlet port?

It has an included adapter that works for DN. The barrel sticks out a little, but functionality seems fine. The stated output for its DC socket is 65watts max at 12v. The unit displays wattage being used and the DN uses between 6-9 watts. Not sure what an OT would add - or the proper way to split it. It only has one DC socket output (others are USB), so I don’t think you would be able to use it as a variable output, unless you had a way to convert power from one of the USB outputs to use with other unit. One of the two USB outlets does offer 9v and 12v output.

2 Likes

This is the newest version (it just came out last week) and it has variable output. I might get this for my OT and see if it can switch between the OT and the 'tone.

1 Like

that looks pretty perfect for either machine, let me know if you take the plunge!

Gaia.Tree Hi! Have you checked how long oktatrack mk l continuously (only when it is powered by this battery alone) works with RAVPOWER AC 20100MAH?

Hello everyone !!) This is Russian style))) I managed to find an excellent Gumo device in the open spaces of my city, this is an external battery with a capacity of 40,000 Ma, 12v / 16v / 19v different voltages are possible. 4 amps at the output ds. Two devices were able to work at a maximum of more than 3 hours. There were no overheating and failures. How long one device will hold in the future. To connect the two devices had to assemble a splitter …

11 Likes

This device cost me $ 110.

1 Like

Hey all, is there any consensus on the best way to power multiple devices at once ?

Thinking on OTmk2 plus another box ( a4, ak…) and a soundcard for exemple.

Thx a lot.

2 Likes

Yes good evening Elektronaut :wink:
it’s a question asked.
Elektron would be at the top of the market, if it would develop, a portable and mobile unit, which would power three elektron grooveboxes!

3 Likes

The best setup i’ve found so far to power my Digitone or Rytm is to use an Anker-PowerCore-20100mAh portable battery, with a Ripcords 12v cable (model:AA928MS +adapter tip).

For the Rytm you would need a combiner cable to use both USB slots on the powercore for more juice.

Everything can be found on Amazon.
:v::notes::musical_note::notes:

To get the cablefiddling fine and only use 12V to power everything, put stepdown converters in the OT, MD and MnM. Works fine. There enough place in the cases and the converters do not get hot, just warm. Putting thermal paste between case and converter helps.

2 Likes

Got 2 Ripcords 12v cables for my Digitone and my Digitakt!

I have this external battery : https://www.amazon.fr/gp/product/B06XCM8DZM/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o03_s01?ie=UTF8&psc=1
but it seems to be not enough to power the Digitone, it freezes on the power-on animation. :grimacing:

The Digitakt on the other hand is perfectly working, as it’s less demanding than the Digitone.
I wonder which spec I should look for to buy a USB battery that could power both units.

Hi, I picked up a rip cord for the octa mk2, do you know if this power bank would work ok?

Hey, do you know if this works for the octatrack mk2?

Bought a charmast 26800 and not working, poss cos of ismart tech.

Wondering if your anker has the ‘power iq/voltage boost’, as suspect this might be the same issue, perhaps with newer PowerCore versions?

Yeah it’s listed as having “Power IQ technology”, mine has been working perfectly. I’m pretty sure The ripcords have all been tested with this exact model (Anker-PowerCore-20100mAh) so that wld be the best batt to buy.

It’s possible that you might need two cables to power it, I’d just message Myvolt directly they have great customer service and will sort it out for you.

Nice one, that helps a lot.

Ive got the extra adapter end for OT from myvolts.

Shame the charmast doesn’t work, it’s a nice power bank.

Thanks

Anyone here used any of the current gen AC battery packs to plug the OT Mk2 in, with its PSU?
I had success with my old Ravpower AC thang , and now have a Jackery Powerbar. I am bringing myself back into OT land after a couple years and hoping this will work.

Here are the relevant specs
AC Output – 110V 85W
Minimum Output Current – 20mA~160mA

Whats the best option for powering OT MK2 & AR MK1 at the same time? also maybe a microfreak?

1 Like

how about Birdcord for OT mk1?

https://www.songbirdfx.com/products/birdcord6v/

specs say “Output voltage: 6V DC, peak output current: 1500mA”

ot power brick says 3A but I wonder if that is real consumption…?

Hey Man!

What is this combiner cable?

Want to power my AR with the Ripchord 12v Version. It’s not working, the Ampere of the Rytm is to high