Portable Battery to Power Elektron

Just ordered one of these based on your recommendation. Yay!

1 Like

Iā€™m looking for something that could power A Digitone, a Rytm and also a Dreadbox Erebus 3 (with a Arturia Keystepā€¦ so just usb for that)ā€¦ Not all at the same time though, just something that is compatible with all 3.

I understand the Digitone and Rtym are 12v and so the GM312 looks like a good cheap option but the Dreadbox is 15v and I am struggling to find something that would do both 12v and 15v.

Any suggestions?

This is a power plug that Dreadbox sells to show the requirements - https://www.dreadbox-fx.com/product/15vdc-power-supply/ & The Erebus - https://www.dreadbox-fx.com/erebus3/

I am in Australia, unsure if that makes a difference

Thanks!

Something like these with AC should work

Just following up to confirm this battery works well with OT MKII. It also has a USB port so I can take my OT and iPad somewhere with no outlet. This is awesome.

I didnā€™t realise the GM312 worked for the rytm.
-But can confirm it does!
Cost me about 22euro delivered from aliexpress.

Did the GM312 come with the correct cable to connect to the RYTM and/or Digitone?

It did for digitakt and rytm. I donā€™t have digitone to confirm.

How long is the GM312ā€™s battery with the octatrack?

Has anyone tried using this one? Iā€™m looking for an option to run more than 2 devices from a battery pack.

2 Likes

Just ordered the RAVPower 2700 to power my Octatrack Mk2. Here I come Costa Rica;)

1 Like

I picked up an Omnicharge-20 and the DC connector kit for jams with my Monomachine, and eventuallly probably Mono + Octa.

a 2 1/2 hour jam sesh with the Monomachine running off of DC power consumes about 28% of the Omnichargeā€™s battery. No dropouts or audio weirdness. Tho it does seem to take a moment to reach full power, so thereā€™s been a lag a couple of times when the Mono turns on. Not sure if thatā€™s an issue, but so far so good.

Very satisfied thus far.

1 Like

By the DC connector kit are you referring to the DC laptop tips? Do they fit ok?

Yes, the add-on kit with more DC tips, including the laptop specific ones.

The fit of the plug into the Mono is good: it was snug and never came out. But the cableā€™s built-in plug plus the adapter makes it quite a long protrusion out the back of the device. I was extra careful not to bump it, for fear it could damage the power jack with all that leverage. And the actual cable is so short that you canā€™t place the battery a convenient distance.

I think I may try to source a longer DC cable to see if I can get away with something more convenient.

1 Like

Has this already been mentioned here? Just found out about it, looks pretty good, good operating temperature scale and whatā€™s craziest, it seems to have ground prongs on the socket! Never seen that before.

https://www.polaroid.com/products/ps100

Any chance we will see usb-c to DC converter to power an octatrack mk2? I would love to power the octa from the laptop for a clean and portable setup with uad arrow. Would be really nice if the only power cord needed would be for the macbook.

The battery drain might be enormous though

Yeah it probably would not last long, but running the macbook plugged in the charger at 100% battery so it is only using the power supply and not its battery power as i have understood it would still be nice. Of course then it is not portable but still I could have it all in a case and move it easily about only needing power for the laptop. It would also be nice with all the usb-c power banks around. It seems the majority in EU do not have DC output. It is either AC or USB.

I am sure USB-C to barrel plug DC adaptor cables will be a thing one dayā€¦ There is so much output potential in USB-C theyā€™d be crazy not to.

Maiden voyage with XTPower XT-20000QC2-AO-PA2. Used for 45 min with DN and battery still had 94% charge. (DN screen is not malfunctioning - must be an iPhone camera shutter issue.) This one comes with a variety of DC adapters and does include correct size needed.

4 Likes

Looks great. Did it come with the correct adapter to power it? Thereā€™s not much info on the internet on this unit; would it power another Elektron product like the OT (variable output?)

Iā€™m about to go on vacation and Iā€™d love to take this with me.