Portable Battery to Power Elektron

If it shipped with a 2.1mm, this barrel plug adapter should do the trick for you:

I see that thread title and immediately my mind thinks coffee on old street…lol

So I’m trying to get an off the grid power pack. Located in the US and I’m trying power the following:
Avalon Bassline (6V DC 2A).
Elektron Octatrack (Mk1 - 6v DC 3A).
Elektron Analog Rytm (Mk1 - 12v DC 2A).
Elektron Analog Four (Mk1 - 12v DC 2A).

Edit:

So I’ve narrowed it down to 2 power banks, and would just need to add a power strip.

• Omnicharge Omni 20 20400mAh Power Bank (100w Max).
  • Ravpower AC Outlet 27000mAh Power Bank (100w Max).

Total wattage I’d be using is 78w so it is under the 100w max. With everything plugged in, 20400mAh gives me 2.6 hours, and 27000mAh gives 3.4 hours on a full charge. The major difference between the two is the price. Everything else pretty much trickles down to what features you want. The Omni 20 has an OLED readout, AC outlet, DC output that is variable voltage and has 2 USB ports. The Ravpower has an AC Outlet, 2 USB, and 1 USB-C, no OLED readout just a simple 8 light LED indicator but has a bit more juice to give and costs half the price.

1 Like

I need to pick one up for my Elektron OT MK2 and A4 MK2 so that I can play them at the beach and sample the ocean in real time.

Just received a 40000mAh aceyoon laptop power bank.
(Amazon lists it as 50000mAh, but apparently it’s ‘only’ 40000 :laughing:)
This thing outputs up to 8A at 12V, so it’s got more than enough oomph to power the A4 and AR together.

I took the Rytm out for an hour or two this evening, and it didn’t make a dent in the charge.
I’m just a headphone splitter (and possibly a keystep) away from 2-player jams in the woods.

I’m in Canada, so I had trouble finding other chargers that could output enough current to power multiple machines, but I think this will be more than good enough. The same company also does a 20000mAh version, which is probably fine for many hours of fun.

edit - Moog werkstatt is 12V too, so it is free to join the A4 on voltage-controlled adventures!

4 Likes

Hi,
I am using the XTPower XT-16000QC2 and this works fine.
Yesterday I jammed for 2 hours and the power went down from 100% to 75%. The diplay said something around 12W, which the Analog 4 (MK1) draws.

I guess, that a single Elektron can work up to 6 hours with this battery, which is quite nice :wink:

3 Likes

I use this LifePowr accupack with 230Volt output. It’s always in my liveset bag and saved my ass many times;

I ran my complete liveset on it while a generator at a festival stopped, I can charge my phones and laptops on a airport and… even started a fucking car with it,. so yes, really a life saver.

It can offer 120 WATTS!! so you can even run a small refrigiator on it :smiley:

Would an Omicharge 20 work to power a Machinedrum mk2 iuw+ and a digitone???
Please help im super stupid with these electric measures

that should work perfectly

I bought the RAVPower27000

Anyone have issue with it not holding a charge longer than 4 or 5 hours?

100_0730

Just ordered one of these based on your recommendation. Yay!

1 Like

I’m looking for something that could power A Digitone, a Rytm and also a Dreadbox Erebus 3 (with a Arturia Keystep… so just usb for that)… Not all at the same time though, just something that is compatible with all 3.

I understand the Digitone and Rtym are 12v and so the GM312 looks like a good cheap option but the Dreadbox is 15v and I am struggling to find something that would do both 12v and 15v.

Any suggestions?

This is a power plug that Dreadbox sells to show the requirements - https://www.dreadbox-fx.com/product/15vdc-power-supply/ & The Erebus - https://www.dreadbox-fx.com/erebus3/

I am in Australia, unsure if that makes a difference

Thanks!

Something like these with AC should work

Just following up to confirm this battery works well with OT MKII. It also has a USB port so I can take my OT and iPad somewhere with no outlet. This is awesome.

I didn’t realise the GM312 worked for the rytm.
-But can confirm it does!
Cost me about 22euro delivered from aliexpress.

Did the GM312 come with the correct cable to connect to the RYTM and/or Digitone?

It did for digitakt and rytm. I don’t have digitone to confirm.

How long is the GM312’s battery with the octatrack?