PolyPhase - Generative Sequencer (iOS)

Yes, the Master Track is the only Track generating notes…if it doesn’t create anything, then the Follower Tracks don’t get to accept / reject those notes.

2 Likes

Okay, so it’s like this: When the master track generates a note, the followers throw the dice whether to adopt that same note – but only then. That is, if the master track already contains notes and the playhead passes over them, they can’t be adopted by the followers?

Wrapping my head around the concepts – it’s very very very cool! Thanks for making it.

Yeah, at each tick the Master Track generates either a note / rest / nothing…it send that info to the Followers and they choose to accept that generated value, and apply it to themselves at their Phase Offset, or not…this allows you to create interwoven melodies.

1 Like

Holiday Sale until Monday night!

1 Like

It’s worth more than the full regular price and is very fun.

1 Like

Highly recommended!

1 Like

Anyone use this and Cykle? Wondering if it’s worth having both.

They’re very different. Cykle is nice, but still a bit of a WIP in my opinion. Cykle is more traditional by far, I’ve enjoyed Polyphase more for my purposes

1 Like

Just purchased. Nice work again @mekohler. I sold my zillion a while back and this fills the void nicely.

1 Like

Hi polyphase users,

Thanks to the dev for this beautiful app :raised_hands:
I use it a lot and love it.
The app are regulary updated and a new 2.7 update seem cool but I would like to have more details about it.
How the new jitter work and the note filter.
The jitter is always at 30% in my old saved presets.
I notice the sound when you decrease the WAVE fader (=more noise) have changed.
It’s more white noised / flanged :thinking:

Amazing app

1 Like

- Jitter: before, the intervals between the Master and Follower Tracks were always static…they were determined by the Transpose parameter. With Jitter, there is a chance that when a Follower Track accepts a note, it will transpose it up or down by a small amount. This adds more variation to created melodies. You will need to re-save old presets with JIT at 0% if you don’t want it :[

- New Note Filter function: Whenever the Master Track returns to it’s starting position, the Note Filter can auto-select a new Chord that fits in the current Key / Scale. This simulates chord progressions.

The noise always had a chance to sound flanged / weird because it’s a wavetable. This wavetable is auto-generated each time the app launches. I have been meaning to create a static noise wavetable that sounds good, but haven’t had the time.

1 Like

Video Review and 5 free giveaways here: Polyphase iOS Generative Sequencer for iOS/iPad (5 FREE Copies to give away!) by Marcos Kohler - YouTube

1 Like

Update 2.9.4:

• Bug Fix: MIDI would lag when moving the app to the background
  • Improved Master Track note generation
  • Improved Euclid Seq, Rnd Seq, Rnd Transp, Rnd Length, & Rnd Velocity functions
  • New Defaults for Track Rate, Transposition & Velocity
  • Velocity Humanization is now a constant value and not a % of the current Velocity
  • Added advanced Note Filtering Options
  • Increased max BPM to 300
  • Minor UI Changes
6 Likes

Update 2.9.6:

• Changed Track Defaults when the App is launched
  • Added Note Filter Option “Deselect Chord Chance”
  • Added new Preset “One Step Ahead”
  • Added support for the iPad Mini v6
  • Minor UI Updates
  • Bug Fix: Follower Track Jitter was not being recalled correctly
  • Bug Fix: some Note Filter Options were not saved properly with Presets
  • Bug Fix: when auto-selecting a Chord Key / Scale, the UI would not update properly
5 Likes

Open Beta for 2.9.7

4 Likes