Polyend Tracker

I mean, when I stopped looking at this as a sampler, and more as a sample-based eight track instrument with some clever sequencing and recording functions, it became a different thing. It doesn’t compete with other samplers then but more with just any multi-timbral eight voice instrument that has a cool sequencer.

4 Likes

With this being advertised as a sampling workstation, I’d honestly be surprised if the RAM stays at 90 seconds. SD streaming, por favor!

1 Like

With the Nerdseq and 16 trigger expander I have 26 tracks.

That’s how I interpreted it when I first saw it. Which would make for a neat pair with the blackbox (BB) but not sure. Need the manual and some feedback from the community to really understand. I need a real pair for the BB, and this seems to strangely fit the bill?

1 Like

he only just got the polyend tracker a few days ago. he posted a “20 minutes out of the box” pattern on his instagram.

4 Likes

Yeah I think I agree although I think it is probably a cool sequencer first 8 voice instrument second… from the sound demos I am not yet sold on the quality of sound as a synth, there isn’t a lot of demos out there but to me the filters sounded more akin to an MPC which while passable are also the main reason I wouldn’t get one to use primarily as single cycle wave table or synth type instrument, while something like the digitakts filter just sounds pretty much amazing to me and I wouldn’t think it was crazy if someone mostly wanted to use a digitakt like that. That said not a lot of demos out there, I am pretty much judging the filter based on the little demo that loopop did which didn’t give me a complete picture on it. It definitely has more synthy features so hopefully once I hear more my fears on the sound will be calmed. But also listening to what people are doing with it makes me think the quality on the digital filter is maybe not a huge priority… it clearly does its own style of stuff really well.

To me maybe the biggest draw back that it doesn’t have dedicated midi tracks, if it was like digitakt/octa and had 8 and 8 it easily could have fit in as the heart of a set up, as is it seems more like an interloper than you would maybe rotate in on occasion.

2 Likes

I’m getting one. I’m going to think of it as a sub sequencer/sampler. I have a dedicated hardware midi sequencer that really does everything I need midiwise, I’m hoping I can use this for chopping up and glitching out breaks and this can be controlled externally.

2 Likes

Yeah, I’m thinking along the same lines.

1 Like

Don’t hurt me…

Polyend Tracker vs Cirklon

really want to see somebody make some progressive hiphop with this, hiphop has an all around balance to it that brings out more features in demos than do the rave demos, they generally make better clips to show what a machine is capable of.

3 Likes

Haven’t they said they have sent out a bunch of beta units to youtubers? Besides the loopop video I really wonder why not even a second preview has popped up yet …

4 Likes

Maybe some updates happening soon already after first testings and input of youtube testers. Maybe makes sense to wait for a review in that way. (Ordered one yesterday so also on edge of seat for more Bogdan)

1 Like

:slight_smile:

I have a friend who recently got a Cirklon. It seems to be the sequencing beast of all sequencing beasts. Which the Tracker doesn’t seem to be.

But from what I gather on the Cirklon, is that it’s still a fairly traditional structure but just has it all. Whatever you want a hardware sequencer to do, the Cirklon can do it.

Whereas the Tracker is just totally unique. I do believe that it’s impossible to judge what it can do for you, without having tried it. Even with a reference to Amiga trackers and similar, you can only have an idea of how this will impact your workflow. You can’t know.

The Cirklon, I believe, is easier to imagine what it could do. Take something fairly familiar. Just imagine that familiar can do everything you’d like it to be able to do, in a context you know. And you’re there.

The Tracker is like the Blackbox for me. So different, I just can’t fathom what it will bring unless I try it.

Which I so far don’t plan to do. But I’m watching it still.

2 Likes

I’m so on the fence… argghhh.

1 Like

Im hoping they both compliment each other

2 Likes

The marketing timing is odd.
I am also intrigued that not more youtubers / artists have their take on it already.
I know Cuckoo and Andrew Huang have received their units but aside from posting mandatory social networks pictures with it, no video content or anything substantial.
As soon as there will be more artistic content on Tracker people will wake up to what it can do.

1 Like

Honestly, these devices take time to really grok. If you sent a Cirklon or a Octatrack to every one of these influencers, I’d expect it take them a few months with it in order to do a useful review( provided they never used one before ). I think this tracker is more complicated and nuanced than the average piece of kit they get, I bet most of these influencers have yet to work with trackers before.

1 Like

This caught my attention. Dude jumping through layers of beats. Mashing it up. Sounds sick, cutting in and out whenever, wherever :+1:t6:

Polyend seems cool too. Window shopping. I just can’t afford. But maybe one day :crossed_fingers:t6:

12 Likes

Woah, now that’s dope!

1 Like

ufff the cirklon makes a great job and those breaks are really natural! Dig it!!!