Polyend Tracker

Yes why not, you might need to set the PCM a little early but easily done on the PT as you can decide which step it is sent

I made this on the Tracker. Itā€™s my first proper go at the device. I recorded the stereo out into the DAW and applied a liitle EQ, multi-band compression, and limiter. The mix is probably shit, but Iā€™m not so precious about such things (at least not after a few cocktailsā€¦)

10 Likes

Just thought Iā€™d come here to gloat over winning this golden Tracker

Thank you Polyend :kissing_smiling_eyes:

20 Likes

Do you like it?

Apologies if this is a stupid question as I promise I had a google and tried to figure it out, but does the Tracker have a decent MIDI CC implementation? I previously owned one and I didnā€™t get on with it as a standalone box but I now have a Faderfox PC-12 knobby controller and I wonder if itā€™s easy to map common controls on each track like volume, pan, filter cutoff, res, filter env depth, delay send amount etc?

Iā€™m tempted to give it another go as the Faderfox is great and I was hoping they might make a good pairing. I recently sold my Digitakt so this might seem like a strange choice but I grew up on trackers and there is a lot I like about them, and whatā€™s missing might be filled by a good knobby controller which I now have!

Looks amazing

Yeah theyā€™re great

I was never much of a tracker sequencer guy back in the day (I used Cubase) but the rest of the workflow is straight out of old Soundforge and Recycle

I already have a regular Polyend Tracker so this one will be for sale I guess

1 Like

Not a stupid question. Yes you can use a controller for tweaks in performance mode, which is pretty awesome.

Should be using it more because you come up with pretty wild variations quickly. I wish you could render those to new patterns, though. That would be amazing.

1 Like

Hmmmā€¦

Anyone using BOTH M8 and Polyend Tracker? Is there a place for both?

Been messing with the headless M8 on my MacBook with a game pad, and feel like itā€™s really sparking something in me as a new way to make music. Iā€™ve pre-ordered a M8, but that is realistically not going to get to me for 5/6 months, and not sure I can engage with the headless setup that long - have been trying to escape the laptop screen.

Iā€™m wondering if it might be worth jumping on a used Tracker for a while whilst I wait, but I realise itā€™s not going to have any of the synth engines etc.

Iā€™d say yes. I love the PT it sparks creativity in me.

2 Likes

So tempted to get another tracker. Really miss the work flow, but itā€™s been long enough to have forgotten why I sold the last oneā€¦

M8 looks great but Iā€™m not sure I could get on with the tiny screen and tiny text etcā€¦.

were you using the tracker for sample based stuff or more midi based stuff?

I love it for sample based stuff

Purely sample based. Itā€™s the only sequencer I found I got to places I wouldnā€™t have though of going tbh. Felt like a blank sheet rather than a ridged grid if that makes any sense. Have tried trackers on my laptop but didnā€™t get with them at all.

If the new silver one had a battery, I wouldnā€™t even question the purchase!

2 Likes

have you tried redux?

A while agoā€¦. Just didnā€™t like the experience on a computer

You can use your laptop an external display :exploding_head:

1 Like

Iā€™m not actually sure the font size is smaller on M8 (I just donā€™t know). someone having both?

never had in my hand one but I have a PT and a Nanoloop FM (the M8 Is the same length that the Nanoloop FM). PT have a 7" screen, M8 2.8". Police size is def smaller to cram as much info into the M8 screen. If I look at this picture with the Play screen vs M8 :

Until seeing pictures like this or this one

I was not sure to understand how small the M8 is actually. Half of the length the size of three keycaps of your keyboard.

It is 9 cm by 12.9 cm device. The M8 is actually smaller than the Polyend Tracker Screen :slight_smile:

I know the screen size is way different but thereā€™s a lot more info on the pE trackerā€™s screen at once. Still not sure about font size :wink:

So is this still going to get updates or it goes the way of Medusa, Seq, and all the other Poly-abandonware?