Polyend Tracker

Yes, each step can have a different instrument

A new instrument will choke the previous one on each channel. This can be useful for linear drums or open and close hats for example. You can also trigger midi instruments on the free steps of your audio tracks too. Just note that each channel is mono so only one thing can be playing per step.

2 Likes

Ah then I did misunderstand the question - thanks for answering it more correctly :laughing:

1 Like

Iā€™m still really enjoying mine (keeping the black mkII). I just got really busy with work and gigs so havenā€™t had time to create or share anything here in a good long while. I also have yet to hook up my Teensy for the M8 Headless experience.

I bought one last night from Juno, will be interesting to see if I receive a MK2 or MK3 unit, donā€™t mind either way really. I struggle a bit with samplers as I donā€™t like using anyone elseā€™s sounds, though I really love the tracker concept, so hopefully we get along

This human absolutely rocks the tracker, not sure to which extent it is being used though.

For itā€™s worth I bought from Juno a few weeks back and checked with them before - they said they received their stock I think start if August, so it was the most recent version.

1 Like

Same here, so I usually end up sampling myself. Basically recording little snippets of music.

1 Like

Is there an edition that is perceived as better than others? I have the mk2 with rounded buttons. Dial etc all work fine and thought it was just cosmetic based on part availability that influenced the chages?

1 Like

The one that works for you is the best one.

2 Likes

Sounds good to me

2 Likes

Soz fella, wasnā€™t trivialising your question, it was more ā€˜just get one!ā€™
Iā€™m sure a particular hardware version will become most desirable, I wonder how many more revisions there are to come though :grin:

2 Likes

Itā€™s cool and youā€™re right. It doesnā€™t really matter

I was just curious :slight_smile:

1 Like
1 Like

The information online on this is very sparse.
Can somebody please list the differences from rev1 vs rev2 vs rev3?

Iā€™ll start:

Rev1: Flat keys/buttons, metal housing
Rev2: Rounded keys/buttons, metal housing
Rev3: Rounded keys/buttons, plastic housing

Any other differences from each revision?

I had a rev2, sold it, now I have a rev1. I preferred the rev2ā€™s keys.

Rev4: Rounded keys/buttons, plastic case back, ā€œpremiumā€ brushed aluminum face.

Next: No keys or buttons, eco-friendly biodegradable case, jog wheel size and screen removed. :rofl:

All this info is available on the thread, though I appreciate it may be a few thousand posts back.

1 Like

MK1 has a loud pop when powering up and down, the others donā€™t have it
MK1 and MK2 have painted text under the io, whereas MK3 and up have the labels carved in the plastic.

Surely we could make a Tracker wiki out of this thread

Stupid instagram doesnā€™t allow external user to watch this video, i am always interested into anything tagged as breakcore, and plus I love Machinedrum

Just received a MK3 unit, I havenā€™t compared to a MK2 unit, though there is definitely nothing to worry about in terms of casing, the top is aluminum and the sides and bottom are plastic, though with a high quality rubbery finish, though not the kind that is going wear if you rub it if that makes sense. Overall build quality is high, only weak point is the pads which feel a bit cheap / membraney compared to the mechanical keys, though overall Iā€™m very impressed.

1 Like