Polyend Sequencer

:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Yeah, check it out man, if you liked the monome you may like the Polyend :smiley:

1 Like

for what its worth is a beautiful piece of kit. it is easy to use and has a fast workflow.

i let mine go and i don’t regret it. the lack of pattern reset when switching patterns is one of the worst ideas i’ve ever seen on a MIDI sequencer. an option for it to reset and change immediately would be best. i emailed them and asked about it and whoever i was speaking with was a bit of an asshole too tbh. they basically informed me that i should read the manual before buying an expensive piece of gear and that no future updates were planned.

Yeah, I think the reset should be an option, why not make it so that the link placed on a step wil decide which of the rows should finish before jumping to the next…
But in some cases I also like that it doesnt reset and just jumps straight in, but this is only in a few situations and really hard to time

Did you ever try out the Polyend Seq? What do you currently think about it?

I was close, but a few things made me pass on it. The rigid idea of not restarting patterns when you change from one to the other, and the way polyphony is implemented.

If you’re going grid, Deluge is the one to beat. Even if it was just a midi sequncer, it’s still world class. In fact, it’s as a sequencer and song tool, it’s at its best.

EDIT: Judging from what’s coming in the next firmware, it would seem the Synthstrom fellas agree. It’s a lot of sequencing stuff going on in that one. And it wasn’t exactly thin on sequencing features to begin with.

1 Like

Are you able to share some long term experience? What are you favorite features? What do yo dislike? Did you try it with Norns? How about the stability issues that were mentioned in one or another review?

My favorite feature is the immediate and intuitive layout…I actually enjoy using it. It feels more like a instrument I can play rather than program. Also it doesn’t have a bunch of features that I don’t personally need making navigation more complex and time consuming.

I thought I would sell my Seq when I got the Deluge, but it’s still easier and faster to navigate and get ideas down immediately without having to give a lot of thought about it beforehand. That might change after more time with the Deluge, but I enjoy using it enough to keep both using Deluge more outside the studio.

It doesn’t seem like it would be all that exciting to use with Norns compared to a Grid or even that new Oxi sequencer that’s supposed to have a Grid mode.

I haven’t had any issues with my Seq, but I did have a hardware issue with my Medusa that I bought used/out of warranty and was pleasantly surprised when Polyend offered to replace the synth with a new one. It was one of the best customer service experiences I’ve had. So it seems they are very responsive and cool when you reach out to them with issues instead of complaining on forums or Facebook:)

Exactly my thoughts. Still enjoying mine all the time.

I do use the Polyend sequencer with Norns, mainly with the script Timber and it is working well. Norns recognizes via USB port. One short example with Norns, Polyend Sequencer and the script Timber, sorry for the bad quality :wink:

1 Like

Anyone still use this? Given the oxi and polyend play came out since, I’m wondering if anyone still used and enjoys it.

1 Like

I wonder the same, it just looks fantastic and inviting. Too bad it’s discontinued.

1 Like

Seq + Tracker = Play?