Polyend Play

…i’m incorruptable as fuk…

and besides…pretty loyal, too…so…no chance…

2 Likes

Look PolyEnd, we know you’re listening. Just give us something here. Throw us a frickin’ bone. Anything. We can spin this thread to five figures but you gotta help us, help you.

5 Likes

Nice guy tactics not working. Someone mint all of @reeloy’s tracks as NFTs on OpenSea, then sell them back to him in exchange for information.

2 Likes

That’s what Pete Rose said once.

4 Likes

Indeed. However, the danger of arcane knowledge dispensed by an oracle is that it could very well turn out to be apocryphal and that risks being seen as a false prophet which risks annoying villagers and driving up the price of torch oil…

11 Likes

Some some kind of Frankenstein device, eh, is that what yr hinting at?

1 Like

Fire beats?

2 Likes

Oh come on this is 2022, we don’t care about the truth, we just want something, anything. Just spin us a good story and we’ll buy it no matter.

5 Likes

Nah, they’re going the Elektron way.

1 Like

Hell I suppose I could start claiming I know what this thing is and then just make shit up. Might even get someone to write about it, if I play my cards well.

5 Likes

Nice. Force them to deny what isn’t happening! That’ll give us plenty to go on until launch.

Jacek is hard at work on Strickfaden edition…

4 Likes

Polyend Syntakt, after the Medusa where you saw the collaboration between Dreadbox and Polyend, here come the Elektron and Polyend colab. Or looking at what we know it could be a Deluge and Polyend combo.

2 Likes

“While PolyEnd hasn’t officially announced their spiritual successor to the Seq just yet, the leaks are now all over the place and they’re gleefully staying away from commenting on anything, at the same time not denying anything. We’re kind of assuming they’re enjoying this as much as we do, especially since the Sequential Medusa is quite the beast. Yes, you read that right. The Sequential Medusa.

PolyEnd has already shown us they’re no stranger to collaborations and with Sequential now being part of FocusRite, their stronger presence in Europe gave them an opportunity to work with PolyEnd on what Dave Smith has called, ‘an instrument for a different kind of musician.’ While we always assumed he was referring to the relaunch of the Prophet 5 when he dropped those words awhile ago, we’re now realising, he had a wider horizon in sight.

Sequencers have never been Sequential’s strong side and while arguably PolyEnd’s Seq had its issues, there was never any doubt about the innovation and beauty on display. Now, that Polyend has merged the haunting tones from Sequential’s wavetable and FM engines into a sequenced instrument (their words, not ours - they don’t want to call it a groove box), there’s just nothing quite like it out there, the power of non-linear, open ended sequencing married with the wealth that only a Sequential synth can provide. And it’s pretty gutsy of Dave to leave out the analog oscillators entirely. It’s worth repeating, no official word has yet been …”

And so on and so forth. All fake, of course. Even if I’d guess, I wouldn’t guess at the above. But I would love it if it was true

8 Likes

So this is what TextSynth

had to say on the matter:

PolyEnd Sequential Medusa hardware electronic music machine to be revealed at last and it’s a beast.

Sequential Medusa (SMBD) is a beast of an electronic music toolbox. It will be available to buy on the 1st of April 2013 and it comes loaded with all of the components necessary to create complex electronic music on par with the best kit on the planet, including:

An amazing audio mixing console

An incredible sequencer

An amazing drum machine

An incredible sequencing sequencer

An amazing arpeggiator

A powerful modulation environment

An amazing mixer

An incredible synthesizer and effect processor

A huge collection of high quality synthesizer patches

An amazing sampler

An even bigger sequencer

A big fat drum machine

A huge collection of sound effects

A huge collection of midi and audio files

Two big fat arpeggiators

Two big fat effects

A collection of pre and post effect modules

An amazing software mixer

An amazing music sequencer

An amazing software synthesizer

Plus a lot of other useful bits and bobs

This machine promises to blow people away when they see and touch it. It will make all of the big players look silly. People will be left speechless and the SMBD will leave it’s users with a massive smile.

The SMBD features an amazing 5.1 surround sound audio mixing console. This is an amazing upgrade for any electronic music artist and DJ who wants to make a bigger noise, with a much more powerful and immersive mixing experience.

The SMBD is a high fidelity, professional studio production machine. It has some amazing components with its sequencer, synth, drum machine, effects and everything else. If you’re a serious electronic music artist, it will give you a leg up on all the other manufacturers who are offering the same features for less money.

4 Likes

14 Likes

TextSynth certainly seems to.

3 Likes

dream instrument

1 Like

The problem with collaborations are they are based on trust. Dave Smith and Tom Oberheim were good buddies. As easy collab. Hard to share your best assets with another company purely on financial prospects. Thats why you dont see many.

After Squarp releasing the Hapax which looks rather sexy btw with a similar look/form factor, I keep coming back to this thread and keep thinking about this thing. I am afraid that it will indeed be released at Superbooth so we will all have to wait until May to finally experience it in full but there are two questions in my head:

• I was an early adopter of the Medusa, I still have and love that thing but it was probably the most unreliable piece of instrument I bought. I love Polyend, their customer service was fantastic but they had to replace my unit twice and the whole thing just felt not ready. Reading about the Tracker, I see that we are on the third iteration now as there were some issues with the jog wheel. So, will this new thing be reliable the day it sees the sun? Software doesn’t brother me, I am fine waiting for new firmwares but hardware issues are a different story.
  • I also think/hope that this will be a Deluge-esque device but is there any chance they are going a different route and this ends up being the successor of the discontinued Medusa in the sense of it being a sequences FM synth (with possible drum voices) without sample playback for example?

I guess I am just speculating to pass the waiting time and will be preordering no matter what …haha

3 Likes