Pocket Operator for Google Pixel

I really like what they did here, quirky and useful! This fills a niche for short video tricks that I’ve been wanting.

5 Likes

Lol, looks like a lot of fun. And free, too, didn’t expect that. I don’t have a Pixel though.

I have 2 of em :upside_down_face:

one of em is fairly smashed up after years of repeatedly falling out of my pocket tho 🫠

1 Like

Yellow magic orchestra in the video from TE, nice!

2 Likes

looks nice and seems to be fun/quick too :smiley_cat:

Was thinking just the other day I wish there were some ‘video samplers’ that worked pretty much exactly like this, it’s a concept I really dig. Not my kind of form factor but I hope this inspires someone to make something similar in a little box with knobs and pads.

Edit: :frowning:

It installed on my 4a 5G. Think it has more RAM than the standard 4a.

think they both have 6gb. I could be wrong.

4a5g has a faster processor tho. 765g vs 730.

Ok, maybe that’s the difference.

Does this mean I can become a Instagrammer?

1 Like

I bought a Nanoloop FM earlier this month to have some ponctual fun during my 2/3h trips by bus or train, maybe that can also be fun but will definitely burn my phone battery to the ground.

1 Like

So it’s an app specifically for Google Pixels that doesn’t work on a Google Pixel?

Cool.

It will work really well on the Google Pixel Field, bad news is it will cost $5000

5 Likes

The latest instagram post of TE states that it’s now available on pixel5 and later in the Google play store. So does this mean it will be available for other Android devices?
https://www.instagram.com/tv/Cefri32K_9X/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

I thought it was a pixel exclusive, if someone with an (non-pixel) android phone succeeds in installing it let us know!

a real shame. currently usin a 4xl. broke me 5 a month ago. doh :upside_down_face:

no reason why it wouldn’t work on 4xl since its higher speccced than the 5.

1 Like

There are a few screenshots on Pixel pocket operator - #3 by TrashTalk - Pocket Operators - OP Forums where it says “early access for Pixel owners”, but I’m not sure what that would mean for other Android phones down the line.

1 Like

The app is called PO Pixel when it is installed so I would think that implies it is only for Pixel phones. Unless Google decides they want to give the Pixel name some exposure on other phones.

It looks well-done, did crash a couple of times (it does say early-access, so). But not really my thing.

I first thought this was a trade thread. “Too bad I don’t want a Pixel,” I said to myself.

4 Likes

I just read on their instagram that it is available “now on Pixel 5 and later in the Google Play Store”. So that’s right, it’ll be available on android devices soon. Kinda funny cuz the op-z app was originally not available on the google play store, only ios (came to android eventually). TE switching teams!

1 Like