Please help!

Hello Elektronauts,

just bought a second hand OT with firmware 1.25h. My issue is when working with headphones the sample sound comes in stereo left and right everything is okay but 3 or 4 minutes later sound is cutting of right and only keeps playing left side right side is dead! Any ideas? After restart the unit stereo is playing again for a while!

Regards

Bilo2017

A few people over the years have had a problem with the headphone socket connections. If your Octatrack is less than three years old it may still be under warranty. If not, and you know what to look for in electrical connections or have a friend or local technician who does, you might open the Octatrack and examine the headphone: it could be a very simple repair. Whether or not your OT is under warranty, you can contact Elektron’s support team via their website and ask for their advice.

2 Likes

thanks Peter Hanes for Answering but i forget to say that the problem is not only at headphone out
on the main output right is same problem if the sound cutoff problem comes.
So i dont know if it is an mechanical problem pherhaps resistor problem, too or maybee Software problem
You think firmware Upgrade wouldt be the Solution?

Regards

Bilo2017

Sounds like a hardware issue to me but you might as well update it to the latest firmware anyway just to see.

Run the OT’s hardware self-test procedure (“Test Mode”, described in the Startup Menu section of the manual) and create a support ticket on Elektron’s website. Your OT probably needs to be repaired.

Everything solved i clean all jacket Input with q-tip with Propan Alkohol. New Firmware already installed after 6 h of work no problems anymore!

Regards

Bilo2017

2 Likes