redacted
With all the “heterodox” psychedelic podcast bros and billionaire CEOs playing neoshaman, drinking “raw water” to enthrall sadlads, this looks interesting 
Thanks for sharing!
If you’d literally said “yo this cool, check it” no one would have even questioned why you were sharing it, so you probably don’t need to feel any guilt surrounding the why.
On another note congratulations on the release, I’ll check it out when I have a chance, sounds cool on a couple of fronts!
Wow, that was an exciting roller coaster of a documentary. I was going to watch the Stevie Hyper D one but this was a full on action-packed blast from start to finish.
redacted
Sort of on that topic for good and ill, have you watched any of Hamilton’s Pharmacopeia?
I enjoy how it does straddle the chemistry, recreational culture and black market capitalist industry (and its effects worldwide), at least in the time allotted.
redacted
redacted
Oh GOD, “Xenon: the Perfect Anesthetic?”
That episode was a horrorshow and the parties he interviewed met expected ends not longafterward 
I’m not generally a fan of “dark tourism” exploitation docs and this did straddle the lines, was handled as well as the matter could be.
Ayahuasca is a medicine for all if they choose… All includes CEOs And Podcast Bros… I´m actually happy they choose to take it rather than a less revealing experience I would say its more helpful than not. 
Not the venue but it is very obvious that it objectively does not in all cases improve the world based on its more influential users.
This is why I appreciate the ritual users and not the self-important dudes looking for yet another reason to self-ascribe as “enlightened”. Whether it’s mushrooms, DMT, Ayahuasca, or LSD, the experience can only do so much.
This documentary isn’t about the awful imperialist billionaires emotionally immune to indigenous medicine, thankfully.
Yeah I agree nothing I can think of works for everyone… But not everyone I know that is successful and rich feels extra self important your just stereotyping I´m guessing you don’t really know a ton of Extremely rich people I´m not saying I do but I have met a few and I would say 80 percent of them were decent down to earth folks that have had a lot of success mostly the self driven ones were the coolest.
Yes I can think of some podcasters that are pretty ridiculous with there fever towards Enlightenment that make it a bit hard to Stomach there we can agree.
Watching the Documentary now… Its nice good pace realistic look into the life of a Shaman I like it well done.
looking forward to watching this. I was obsessed with Carlos castaneda’s books in my teens. congratulations on the production 
looking forward to watching later! super cool you got laurie spiegel on there. my dmt experiences have been the most revealing out of all the psychs i’ve tried, and ayahuasca is definitely on my short list. cheers 
(post deleted by author)
yes, there’s certainly an intelligence and awareness there that i have never experienced elsewhere. other psychs will demand you follow their trajectory, where on dmt (smoked), i felt like i had a real and immediate say on where and how things went. i imagine on ayahuasca, the level of surrender is increased significantly though.
when i was younger and full of gumption my video producer homie and i wanted to make a documentary on ibogaine clinics in north america, different lane but similar, super cool that you were apart of this doc!
looking forward to watching this, my abnormal psych professor had a shaman come in and talk to us in my last year of college. she shared a whole lot of interesting information, im hoping this doc will bring back some memories from that class
(post deleted by author)
Production-wise, were you involved in the scoring?
For guest artists, how did you communicate back and forth about desired needs and tone? Were there any interesting notes?
Obviously I have a complicated relationship with psychedelic speakers but love magic and ritual, artists like Coil and some current performance collaborators do inhabit their own individual shamanic spaces.
Were there any inspirations you had in music curation, any existing work you had in mind when describing what you wanted or in exchanging notes with the artists?