Playing polyphonically while sequencing external gear only

Hi everyone, I am trying to achieve something different with my Analog Keys and I’m not sure how to do it/if it’s actually feasible.

I want to sequence MIDI notes to my Waldorf Blofeld using the four synth tracks to different MIDI channels; I don’t want the sequencer to play the track sounds though, because I want to play the four synth voices via keyboard polyphonically, so what I actually want to do is to detach the sequencer from the AK voices and just use it to sequence external gear.

Is this achievable? If so how?

You can turn the osc off on all 4 tracks on synth pages one and two.

That’s right, but… I want my oscillators to play :slight_smile:
If I turn off the oscs I can sequence the Waldorf but I can’t play anything on my AK

Maybe I didn’t explain this right:

• let’s say I have a patch loaded on my AK
  • I want to play that patch polyphonically with 4 voices
  • I want my 4 tracks to sequence only the Blofeld patches while freely play the AK patch
  • I don’t want the sequencer tracks to sequence any internal sound, only external

Yeah I don’t think that is possible. You could use the effects track and the CV track to sequence your Waldorf (those can both send out MIDI notes) but I’m not sure how many notes you can send out while also playing your A4 freely.

1 Like

I actually forgot about CV and FX tracks, great suggestion! Still a shame not being able to use 4 out of 6 tracks to sequence something else.