Play on scales without computer

kord bot

Worth to check that plugin too… it’s harmonize MIDI ins and outs

Follow up – as far as a Raspberry Pi build it yourself option.

I’m thinking that rather than using the Blokas PiSound add-on for the Raspberry Pi, i might instead use something else that is also from Blokas – the Midihub. Instead of the 1 Midi In, 1 Midi Out, and Audio In and Out on the PiSound, the Midihib has 4 Midi Ins and 4 Midi Outs.

The Midihub iis a new product from Blokas and is still in beta.

1 Like

+1 for learning to play scales and chords. These basic skills are useful and fun.

2 Likes

I asked them to participate to the beta! :smiley:

1 Like

Yup learn the keyboard – and continue to do so – there will always be a getting better. I agree TonyDS. And i have been – here’s my scattered thoughts on doing that.

But on the other hand – there is plenty of room for all these sorts of alternatives too. And i like to remember that some great song writers had very limited keyboard skils. Irving Berlin as for instance only played in F#. (You might have thought the one key to learn would be C, but F#, the black key inverse world of C makes an awful lot of sense.)

And Irving Berlin used the mechanical version of something that fits this thread – a transposing piano. Check out this (1 minute and 20 second) corny video if you’re interested.