Placing trig to play captured sample causes overwrite

Once i have a sample in the record buffer how do i play it back without starting recording and overwritting again. If im capturing live should i be playing back on different track?

Rtfm. :wink: you really should do it as these are the basics.
You can do it in 1 track,learn the difference between rec trig including one shot, playback trig and so on. Not trying to be rude. If you still have problems we will help you for sure

1 Like

Think of the record page (function+record1, as in the left red button) as a different row of trigs. Those are you’re recorder trigs, any time one of those is passed when the sequencer is playing that recorder buffer will start recording again. Once you’ve recorded your sample you need to remove any recorder trigs or you’ll keep overwriting it. You can also avoid overwriting it by using one shot trigs when placing recorder trigs.(make a trig one shot by placing it then holding function and pressing the trig again. It will change colour). If it’s armed to record it will be a solid colour and if it’s not armed it will be flashing, then it won’t overwrite your sample. Then when you close the record screen if you have record mode on then those are you’re regular trigs that make the sample play back. Get it?

1 Like