PL-2s

Hey, I noticed a new PL cover at the elektron shop. Fits the heat and DT apparently. Will be buying one for my heat ASAP!

Great! I was waiting for this for my Heat!

I think you have to pay £30 extra to put it on.

:wink:

4 Likes

Ha!

Not wanting to start a new thread so have been looking out for one like this

Tell me, does anyone know of a lid for the a4, that can be used if you have sides in your unit?

I suspect the answer is a big far no.

I’m curious about this lid; it’s a slightly different design from the older ones. There used to be complaints about these lids actually damaging the Elektron machines by ruining the paint on the edges (i.e. chips, scratches, scuffs, etc.).

How have people been liking these after a couple years? Are concerns about these lids causing damage to the paint’s finish on the AH/DT/DN legitimate?

The lid is tight, much tighter than the one I have for my monomachine. Tight enough that it feels almost too small. I have notice the edges of my dt are starting to look weird but nothing significant. I’m not traveling much with my gear currently so it’s not getting jostled around or anything.

1 Like

I would argue that if the paint comes off when using Elektron desksavers that should be covered by warranty. I also use their (pricy) covers for my boxes and no paint has come off on mine. I’m pretty careful with my gear though.

1 Like

Well I can only state that my rytm mk I looks absolutely horrible due to me lugging it around without a decksaver PL for a few years. Got PL lids for all my elektrons since and all the other elektrons look still like new. So IME the PL lids are def worth it, especially if You care about the resale value of your gear :nyan:

Do you reckon I could inquire elektron if they’d sell me a replacement rytm mk I faceplate?

1 Like

If they got any they will probably sell it to you. I got some encoders from them ages ago and it wasn’t even that expensive. Open a ticket and ask :smiley:

2 Likes