Pitch & Stretch without resampling?

hey,

is it not possible to pitch & stretch a sample in the same machine?!
always resampling inbetween neccessary?

sorry if i miss something obvious, i am new to the digitakt!

thanks, ulf

The werp and repitch machines might be what you are looking for

thx - but still i have to resample and then pitch or stretch afterwards in the other machine, right?

1 Like

Misunderstood, yes you will need to resample

no worries. but too bad it’s seperated like that…

Try Slice machine for stretch (lfo on slices), then pitch.
Octatrack has timestretch and independent pitch. Anyway, best results are when the pitch is close to corresponding tempo (close to the pitch and tempo you’d get like on a vinyl).

M:S can pitch (repitch) and warp(werp) any loop/sample to any BPM or Key you want just using the sequencer and 1 LFO. This was first discovered in the Digitakt, then ported to the M:S by some Eleknauts in this same forum.

Pretty sure you can do the same on Digitakt using the Single Shoot machine (which is the only “machine” on the M:S… but it’s ok since it can do everything anyway).

thx. unfortunately, it seems to be not possible without resampling in between, because those features aren’t placed in the same machine. kinda workflow bummer.

You can skip the resampling stage, but it may require musically trained ear (after you get the idea, it’s not hard at all).

1. Create a REPITCH track with desired loop
  2. Tweak parameters to your taste (start/length/bars)
  3. Create ONESHOT track with the same loop
  4. Adjust the start point if needed
  5. Push 2 pads simultaniously and tune the pitch on oneshot machine by ear. Like you tune the guitar or oscillators on your analogue synth. The two samples (one on repitch and the second on oneshot machine) will start vibrating when you are near and phasing (sometimes each other out) when you are at the finish line.

It’s not computer-like precise techique, but good enough for music purposes. So, you use the REPITCH algorithm as a reference (and can delete it), and move on to full options of one-shot or slice machines when correct pitch is found.

hey,

thanks for your tip.

but its not about not beeing abled to pitch to a desired note.
so not about a reference like you describe.

i just wanted to ask if its not possible to pitch and stretch a sample in the same machine.
which doesnt seem to be the case.

I guess, you want to get the time-stretching ‘artefacts’ like in old samplers?
Messing with LFO on sample start can sometimes mimic that sound, but it depends on sample you are using.

do you mean like this?

sorry guys, i appreciate your tips, but i wasn’t asking how to reach a specific sound, it was only related to a mode where both is available at the same time, without the need to manually resample inbetween. ( maybe a shortcut to bounce the state of a machine back to the single shoot one would be nice. )

to not open a new thread - changing pitch without altering the length ( stretching ) is natively not working on the DT, right?