Pitch bend range

Doesn’t seem like I can adjust the pitch bend range… is this correct ? I can use the pb mod to target osc mod but tracking is not perfect.

You can do both fine in theory

PB range is enc D page 2 OSC2 for OSC Common params

Never had an issue with MOD assignments being off at all

Let me give a bit of background. I’m using this with a continuum where I can set up pitch bends up to 96 semitones. Normally I use 48 or 24.

What you are talking about is the “auto” bend on OSC2. I’m talking about setting the overall pitch bend received via MIDI PB message. Some synths allow you to set the range, so that you can use them with less common controllers and get really creative even on a normal keyboard. Using the mod assignment I can get ok tracking up to an octave but then it’s off by the second…

You’re right about that bend param - I never really use it, it seemed to be set to 2 when I pressed it down (corresponding to the bend depth) but it was actually set with the Osc common PMX param on the mod page - for me the modulation is close enough for jazz even over 3 octaves, not enough off for it to flag up to my ears if it was used with a typical pitch bend lever

I compared pb (modding PMX+36) min / off / max on a vanilla sound against tuning the sound (with no pitch bend) and it was certainly usable (to be fair it was only using the crude pb on OT)

3 Likes

I was not using the PMX, let me try and I’ll update this thread…

Thanks @avantronica that works pretty well!

3 Likes