Pigments : Arturia Wavetable Synth

the synth is amazing, iv had it since v1 release, its literally a Swiss army knife in my production and so much more

3 Likes

You wouldnā€™t happen to be referring to the Genesis video game: Adventure Kidd, would you?
If so are they shareable? lol
Anything retro gaming Iā€™m all :eyes: :ear:

Alex Kidd*

3 Likes

Oops one D not two. Get that wave pack. Itā€™s Free! And I used to play Alex Kidd on the master system II. Thatā€™s how old I am.

1 Like

Agreed. Even if you donā€™t know what you are doing you can just mess with the visual matrix and get crazy. In my maschine session itā€™s usually group A is drumkit. Group B pigments. You can get melodic with the presets really quick.

3 Likes

The update is free for meā€¦because I paid full price for v1. Iā€™m looking forward to someday using Pigmentsā€™ new MPE capability with the Expressive E Osmose.

3 Likes

The update to v2 is free for all Pigments v1 owners.

Just open the Arturia Software Center (ASC) and your v2 licence is waiting for you.

What a great update and nice xmas present from Arturia :heart:

2 Likes

new owner here. 69 buckerinos woohoo! 3pm I am so leaving work to go play this thing!

2 Likes

I have the buchla MPE overlay for the sensel morph and someone said this is now MPE?

Anyone tried it?

Think this could be my Christmas present to myself :slight_smile:

Just curious of what controller you use with Pigments to get the most out of it without having to use the mouse?

Iā€™d reckon it would probably be a Komplete Kontrol of some sort as I believe all of Arturias stuff is nks compatible

Iā€™m sure any of Arturias keyboards should have some pre-mapped macros/etc for Pigments.
Theyā€™re usually good at that.
If not Iā€™m sure theyā€™ll have an update for that soon.
Maybe inquire with Arturia about their budget keyboard controllers, if itā€™s Pigments mapped.
I would like to know that too actually.

Just got it for $69 too. Favorite soft synth so far (I donā€™t own omnisphere etc:)). Thx for heads up!

1 Like

Pigments is very good at mapping on-screen controls to external midi controllers.

For instance Flux just did a video where heā€™s mapping Pigments with a Hydrasynth as the controller. The actual controller you use is not as important, as long as you like it. Iā€™ve set this video link to the five seconds you need to see to use whatever controller you might like.

3 Likes

Welp, Iā€™ve decided to grab it but arturiaā€™s site is wonky tonight and wonā€™t load. I havenā€™t bought a plugin synth in years so maybe this is a sign.

I think it might be because theyā€™re giving away a free plugin as a holiday gift:

https://www.arturia.com/reverb-gift

3 Likes

I wanted to give it a go today (alongside the buchla). But the check out simply doesnĀ“t work. You have to select a country you are form but the field is greyed out. Then I was looking into Arturia forum. Looks like this is a more common problem. And all the verification stuff in that forum makes you grazy ā€¦ like the captcha stuff and questions like ā€œWhats the famous synthesizer by Moogā€ lol.

To know Arturia is or was basically a software company and then have a non working online shop and that kind of forum makes me not feeling good about it.

But what are your feelings about the pigments? I was looking for the Buchla Easel and maybe the Vocoder too.

Have you tried a different browser?

3 Likes

Itā€™s available all over the place, either online or boxed. Itā€™s even on sale various places. Go buy it.

Separate question on if Arturia is or was basically a software company.

1 Like

yes, firefox and safari.