Pickup machines with foot controller

Hi!

Hit another roadblock while reading thru the manual and working with pickup machines with a CC controller.

Got this part but on some pickup tracks I’m having a hard time getting it to play what was recorded even though it’s in the rec buffer (the wave form is there when AED is pressed). I can’t seem to figure out why some tracks play and some don’t.

And how do we detach the tempo from the loops? I want to see what diff stuff sounds circulating in different sized loops. Can’t even begin that if the tempo changes every time I add something to the master pickup machine.

Rec Stup 2 > QREC = PLEN (pattern length)
This will quantize start / stop rec actions, and match the current tempo.

Can’t tell without more informations. Check pitch settings maybe.

Thanks sezare! Will check the QREC/PLEN. Still can’t figure out why certain tracks aren’t playing but I’ll post once I figure it out. I usually do but it takes a couple of sessions.

Edit: so there is no way to disengage the rec/stop functions if I want to keep the tempo but want to rec/stop whenever I want?

1 Like

I guess you mean disable rec quantize. You can set smaller values, step units. Tests needed.

Yes. But in a way that let’s each track be it’s own loop with its own cycle length.

E.g. imagine a 6 ditto loopers, each running their own loops on the fly and the last remaining tracks are for a beat.

Would be nice to have this functionality.

So I’ve followed this and used my foot controller (morning star mc6) cc 59 value of 61 which is RECAB. The OT is following but only a low level square wave is coming in. Unlike if I use the OT’s record buttons I can get in the sound I want. I’m guessing that there is a channeling problem. I followed the manual which stated to send to the auto channel. Might the individual channels configuration be getting in the way?

Any insight would be appreciated.

Tnx

Also, I don’t think there is a way for the tempo to not be dictated by incoming pickup machine activity. :worried:
There is no OFF on the TMSTR switch on pickup machines unlike Flex or Static. :tired_face:

Auto channel is good. Try 60 (combo rec).

Sync to actual tempo : use Rec Setup 2 QREC = PLEN (pattern length)

1 Like

Thanks sezare! Was just waiting for you to chime in! Will try later.

1 Like

61 should work. Good luck! :smile:

Bummer: I had this working, but like to use the autochannel also with a midi keyboard to record notes into a midi channel. But that doesn’t combine with PU control by midi. They are both notes on the autochannel, even when using CC59: which translates to notes (AUDIO NOTE IN setting, in MIDI CONTROL, must be on for this to work).

Anyone knowns a workaround for this?

I tried to control PU by its own MIDI channel, but it also reacts on midi notes on the autochannel.

1 Like

What about recording midi tracks with their own channel?

Shame.

1 Like

Yeah that will work, but in my setup i will lose some of my flexibility that way: now i change midi track on the OT and my keyboard will play that track (via autochannel). So no need to set something on my synth.

1 Like