Pickup machine playing backwards randomly

Hello,

when i record a loop with a pickup machine, sometimes after recording it just starts playing the loop backwards or pingpong like backwards and forwards even if the setup is set to forward and no scenes, or parameter locks are assigned. Any ideas?

Cheers!

1 Like

I’d check scenes A/B by pressing them, in order to check if the Reverse/PIPO setting is plocked. (Scenes plocks of a previous machine different from Pickups are kept).

For any strange behavior checking, you can always deactivate scenes pressing Fn+scenes buttons.

If no luck, any part change with different settings, same behavior with a new project?

2 Likes

Thanks for Your reply!
I deactivated the scenes and checked plocks. Nothing was assigned… It happend after creating a new project, so unfortunately i can exclude this too.

1 Like

Same problem without explanation.

Yeah thanks, already red this. No midi in in my case haha:grinning:

Today it seems to work fine again, but this worries me even more because now i can’t figure out what happened and it can always happen again on stage…

1 Like

Elektron’s answer (support ticket):
Hi Leandro,
This is a known bug and our developers are looking into it. It can happen when changing parts. I’m very sorry for the inconvenience and I hope this will be fixed soon.

(Now I do live looping with Flex)

3 Likes

This seems to have got out of control. I have to let every pickup track get the backwards thing out of its system - and it can still come back!

Definitely not just when changing scenes

1 Like

And what if you plock normal playback to both scenes A and B ?

Can some bugs be ‘fixed’ by taking the internal battery out for a little while?

You’d probably get new bugs…

No bugs if you don’t use OT.

No bugs if you know them, and don’t use related features…

I should be fine then. I always use gloves.

1 Like

Hopefully Elektron is still fixing bugs for this thing. kinda suprising that a 10 year old hardware/software still has bugs this glaringly obvious. I was having a similar issue, and found that it was because of an lfo that i had set up in a pickup machine, when i turned off the lfo the random direction playing stopped.