Phantom project

Hi all,

I have a strange issue to which I haven’t found a solution yet… I’ve been working on some stuff but recently (probably as of OS1.5 though not completely sure) noticed that the project that Digitakt opens after booting is not the project I saved before shutting down.

So I decided to do a bit of cleaning (even going as far as to delete all projects after backing them up and doing a factory reset) to see if that would solve the issue. All tests I can do via func+power on are concluded successfully but for the life of me, the one project it starts with after boot-up will be the same (now deleted) project from before the cleanup/ reset as before. For all intents and purposes it’s opening a ghost project instead.

edit: I’ve re-flashed Digitakt OS 1.5 and still the ghost project persists.

edit 2: I’ve also formatted the internal drive and still, upon rebooting, the old and deleted project is loaded. When loading another project I even get the question if I would like to save the file under the exact name it had before…

Any ideas as to what might be going on?

I remember seeing this mentioned before. Not sure if it got solved, but this isn’t just you. Wrong project loads at startup

1 Like

After all the things you’ve already done, at this point as long as you have a din midi interface to your computer, I’d jump straight to sysex OS reload from a blank slate. Once rebooted, start 2 new test projects, add like one sound to each, then shut down and see if the issue is resolved upon power up. If after this, the issue is resolved, but then comes back only when you reload your projects, you may have some corrupt project file data (a sample probably). If resolved completely, then good. If no joy even after sysex and test steps, you may need to file a ticket with support.

Here are the instruction for sysex OS update:

How to update your device via sysex transfer : Knowledge Base (Beta) (elektron.se)

You’ll need to log in to your account to create a ticket, there’s a link for contact support on this page:

Contact | Elektron