Petition for transferring samples off your machines

As most of you know i‘m a non pleasent elektron user.

I‘m an elektron gear owner since 4 years and i‘ve been mostly happy with what i got.

When i bought my first DT last year i had to join this forum because there have been many issues i‘m not used to by elektron stuff.

Meanwhile we see the releases of plenty new elektron gear and most of them do their job just partially.

Now we realized this company did too many mistakes with marketing, politics and philosophy.
Users are simply pissed about missleading marketing and non fulfilled promises.

I stopped believing in a fully working OB for all anounced machines and i stopped believing in elektron aswell.

BUT

After using my DT for a while now and recording plenty of second hand records to my +Drive is filled with good samples i‘ve been recording all over the world. Now i reached the limit …
The point is i‘m not satisfied of DT anymore and i want to give it away, or simply throwing it into the HQ office.
This will only happen when my samples are off that box!
Sure i could record all of the samples into a DAW, but i‘m not willing to do so causing quality loss and time loss.

They gave us a sampler which is just working in one way with sample management and after more than a year i can‘t believe they couldn‘t manage it to get that stuff off the machine, what leads into a conspiracy theorie yet …

This is a shout out to all of you which feel fooled in the same way like me.

If you think elektron should deliver a solution to transfer your samples off the machine (DT/AR MKII), we should make a kind of petition to force them giving us this simple possibilty!

Just for understanding,
i don‘t want to wait until they get their OB shit done, i want a solution without that buggy stuff around!

2 Likes

Sounds like you just wanted to rant to me.

Sounds like you don‘t need to get your samples off the machine.

Means you’re in the wrong topic dude :wink:

2 Likes

just record them all off into a single wav file, how it that so difficult? #samplethesampler

1 Like

good luck.
I’m waiting for a backup possibility myself badly, just don’t think we can “force” them to do anything

1 Like

I’d like to have a means of getting samples off of my DT and AR too, and I also think that it has been an unacceptably long wait for this - Elektron dropped the ball here (again) but I’m confident that it will come at some point, how far up or down the priority list it is though is unknown, in my opinion things like this should be high priority and they probably are, but who knows what else is causing the delay.

I think that certain practices such as advertising features not yet available are a mistake, and hopefully this will now stop given the amount of criticism Elektron have received from users. I also think it should be made clear when features such as sample back up are absent because in all honesty it is kind of expected and reasonable to believe that a standalone hardware sampler should have it out of the box.

To clarify a point, Elektron stated that the DT won’t have song mode, fine I am aware before purchase so can decide if that is a deal breaker or not, in my case not, however the lack of capability to back up my samples would certainly have impacted my purchase decision, yet it wasn’t mentioned, so I assumed wrongly that it had the capability, one could argue that I should have checked before purchasing, to which I’d counter that expecting a sampler to have backup is just like expecting a door to have a handle on both sides.

5 Likes

I haven’t really tried to do any backup of stuff, and someone told me about the sysex dump feature the other day. Figured, ok, so you can backup projects now. Because I just assumed you could use the transfer app to get samples out of the darn thing. But now I get it. So, basically there is no backup option, unless you have worked exclusively with samples you imported and have another copy off? That sysex information isn’t worth much if you don’t have the samples.

Of course I do but they are working on it

luckily i‘m not completely alone with this idea.
sure we can‘t force them to anything, but we can show that guys who have been fans can turn into kind of haters … (which im not realy, i‘m just brutaly pissed since DT)

why should i trust into a company which is not getting these simple things done …

just to make clear, this is not ranting!
this would sound much more different and was already moderated in the past!

i simply want to escape that DT disaster without losing my stuff! that‘s all

2 Likes

My advice is email Elektron support and voice your concerns, there is no guarantee that they will see your post here.

5 Likes

I don’t understand why Elektron are delaying support for existing machines when it comes to important stuff like this.
I don’t understand why Rytm mk1 users are still waiting for the official Transfer App when other people have already made transfer app apps that work on the mk1. Why do we have to wait for an OS update for this when the other apps work already?

I don’t understand why the sequencer is not the same across all machines. Why does Rytm lack MIDI tracks, why the DT does not have song mode, why you cannot save pattern chains, etc…

Just why? I feel these are questions that will never be answered, almost like the question : Why are we here? :hushed:

If i should tell them this they‘re completely out of reality and ignorant! I‘m sure they already know what they‘ve done wrong. If not it‘s absolutely ok to see them now inside their own s…t.

They know since years that this is a main feature that AR users want.
And they‘re ignoring it …

recording and into one wav file!?
:joy::man_facepalming::+1:t2:

I don’t think they are ignorant FWIW but I’m sure they are aware that some users are not happy, still it does not hurt to email them and voice your concerns, and it is easier for them to gauge user satisfaction from direct emails than sifting through forum posts, which isn’t really practical.

3 Likes

I have to say these comments of “simply record into a DAW or other device” are a bit too let them eat cake for my liking. I only have limited access to a pc, dont own any gear that will record my digitakt and have no intention of buying any either. I bought the digitakt as a stand alone device with zero interest in OB and full expectation I could sample to my hearts content thinking when I had filled up the modest hard drive I could plug it into a pc and make a copy of my work. Right now I restrict myself as the drive is filling up fast and since it is becoming clear that backup will come only with OB I will have to purchase more gear just to stop the digitakt becoming full.

3 Likes

How does a petition ‘force’ anyone to do anything?

1 Like

Here’s my take.

The file management system on all the Elektron devices is PRIMITIVE at best.
Almost every other competitors device shows up as a USB drive on your computer when a USB cable is connected. Why Elektron can not do this is beyond me.

I have a real unpleasant taste in my mouth after attempting to backup my AR MKII as I have now a defunct unit that wont turn on 1/2 the time. I wanted to backup my stuff, prior to sending the unit back to sweetwater. But the use of C6 in 2018 is ridiculous if you ask me. It’s slow and cumbersome. Why the 3 devices, AR, OT and A4 do not use the same type of system is beyond me. At least the OT shows up as a drive on your computer and you can easily backup whatever you want.

Elektron needs to step this up big time. There’s time to release new devices, but not time to fix this current stuff. It’s displeasing to say the least.

8 Likes

Well, DT and DN can’t neither do a sysex dump through C6…

DT can do a sysex dump. Not so useful though since you can’t back up the samples.

I took for granted that DN and DT shared the same developement status…
Sysex dump is present on the DN manual, but the menu voice is missing.