Perkons(drum machine) Companion

I cant resist asking as its such a great piece of hardware. But thinking of a suitable (techno) companion for it may give a bit of inspiration.

Im thinking of an industrial sound like a Moog Model D or even a Digitone. Any other thoughts?

Eowave Swarm would pair up nicely sound wise I reckon.

1 Like

I’ve just paired it with a Digitone, haven’t had chance to play them together yet, but I’m hopeful they’ll make a good pair.

Although the obvious answer is Octatrack.

3 Likes

Dreamed of pairing it with the SYNTRX II as destroyers of world duo.

4 Likes

I’ve really enjoyed syntakt with Perkons so far. They sound nice together. Also fairly easy to create stuff with on the fly. And digitakt. Samples on top of perkons are just lovely. And it gives the flexibility of adding some 909, and synths, and pads etc.

2 Likes

Syntrx would look so good besides Perkons. @DaveMech, have you tried them?

1 Like

Grp A2!!!

1 Like

Keep it in the family, get an Eric Synths Bassline.

It’s on my list of things to try asap. If I find some time. Crazy 2 months ahead of gigs and new launches etc. Would be a pretty epic setup

2 Likes

Personally, I would pair it with the Octatrack, but I would pair anything with the OT, so that’s not really a Perkons-specific idea.

I don’t have one, but one of the Perkons features that I find attractive are the sends+returns. How about pairing it with something that can process external audio? It might be nice to really blend the sounds of the two instruments by sharing some audio processing. Just a thought

1 Like

Bastl Kastl drum.

1 Like

I think a Pro 3 (or 2) would open up a lot of options…

I guess it depends on how many other types of sounds you want alongside the Perkins (which it seems would already take up a lot of space in a mix.)

If you wanted a measure of multitimbrality then an A4 would be a great choice. Or a ST.

I was thinking about this last night, and as stated above the OT with it’s 4 inputs is definitely a perfect paring.
4 Thru Tracks, 4 Neighbor Tracks, with lots of Scenes and Parts.
Use the Midi tracks for modulation.
It would be GLORIOUS!

2 Likes

I got my Perkons last week and have been enjoying it since then. It is a perfect machine for live jamming. The sounds are excellent, and the sequencer is extremely intuitive and immediate. It feels like a real instrument.

I have been using it with my Digitone and Heat, and they seem to be a quite good combo. I feed the Kick track of the Perkons to the left input of DN and the main out to the right input with some mild reverb and chorus. The Digitone’s two tracks are reserved for bassy and melodic stuff, and the rest two for percussion.