Paula Maddox interview

I read this a while back but I don’t think it’s been posted here yet. Interesting interview with Paula Maddox, late of Modal.

3 Likes

Interesting! Thanks for posting that, I totally missed the news about Maddox leaving Modal. Explains what happened to their synth line up a bit.

1 Like

Precisely.

So i see that the Dove Audio website has been replaced with a non-definitive “Taking a Break” message.

https://dove-audio.com/about/

I really hope Paula feels better. Was interested in what might be new from Dove Audio. But better to do what is best to feel better.

2 Likes

I notice the message at Dove Electronics has changed some. Added : We will be back

1 Like

Paula’s a good friend of mine, and I’m happy to say that whilst she’s taking a break from the public-facing stuff / social media she’s on good form and things are still ticking over nicely behind the scenes.

Paula’s current project, a 5U modular sequencer is nearing completion, see this little update from last week with the museq driving her WTF oscillator module:

Suffice to say, there are other things on the bench and some very interesting (non modular) things being explored for ongoing/future projects, but those are just progressing behind closed doors for now. As/when there’s more to share, I think people will be both intrigued and very pleased with what she has planned…

Can’t say any more than that for now :slight_smile:

4 Likes

So in addition to the D900 MuSeq a fancy 8 step sequencer there are two more projects shown by Dove Audio as “under development”.

The D400 Synth Voice which is a complete 2 oscillator ( with FM ) synth voice, with filter and two envelopes, on a single module.

and the D508 Complope complex envelope.

You can see more about them at Dove Audio.

It will be a while before they are able to ship product, given the current chip availability.

1 Like