Patterns and Track Muting

In two different Patterns I would like to have different tracks muted.

Pattern 1 would have Tracks 1 & 3 playing
Pattern 2 would have Track 4 playing but have Tracks 1 & 3 muted.

What am I not doing correctly?

Thanks!

You could just not put trigs on the tracks you want muted, and double check your loop / hold / release settings to make sure your samples stop when you change patterns. Your mute settings remain the same regardless of pattern. You can also use scenes to have muted groups of tracks by holding the scene button and turning the level knob anti clockwise.

3 Likes

So its not possible to have different tracks playing on different patterns? Seems like a simple thing to do?
urgh

as mentioned, theres multiple ways to accomplish this. set level to 0 for a scene. or dont put trigs on a pattern, and make sure the release/hold arent set to infinite. alternativrly, you could use the arranger if you want to chain patterns together and control what is muted and when. the reason “mute” isnt a functionality for patterns is because theres mutliple ways for a track not to play when building a sequence, while mute is more of a function for live jamming, or experimenting with isolating parts, or to be used for sequence building in the arranger.

try going to a pattern, copying it (function + record while record is unlit), pasting it to another pattern (go to the. lank pattern, function + stop while record is unlit), then clearing the trigs for the tracks you want muted (function+play ehile record is lit on the track you want cleared).

dont be quick to find fault in the machine ; the functionality, and then some, is most likely there. it just takes some patience to learn the device’s architecture. its not instantly gratifying but theres amazing amounts of gratification to be had once you can navigate the device.

1 Like

to program mutes u need to use the arranger
simple

1 Like

OK!

Thanks guys I wasn’t reading this correctly.

Removing Trigs will work just fine…

:slight_smile:

no easy track-mute in every pattern possible like in the DIGITAKT?

This is something I desired just now and looked it up, I really enjoyed having the ability to easily set pattern mutes vs. global mutes on the Digi boxes.

2 Likes

There are no generic pattern mutes on the OT, but you can utilize the Arranger to set different mutes for each pattern within a song.

3 Likes

Time to get into the arranger…

1 Like

Pattern mutes on OT workaround:
Use scene A to lock xvol to min on on tracks you want muted.
Launch that pattern with that scene active (I plan to always have pattern mutes on scene 13)
Then you can mute that scene to unmute those tracks, or crossfade them on (you can even hold it down to see which tracks you’ve muted)

I was searching these threads for a pattern mute workaround and this was my breakthrough right this second. :hugs:

Edit: Days later I realise you can’t save scene mutes per part, unfortunate as that would have really been like pattern mutes 🫠

1 Like

i also enjoy the pattern mutes on the digitakt! kinda strange thats no available on the octa.

hope it will come in a FW update.
i just worked around with parts by now.
gonna check the arranger mode next!