Pattern volume jumps - how to avoid?

Yeah, I found that a little weird at first, not sure if it’s bad or good - it does open up some new possibilities, but also requires you to be mindful of the methodology.

I use multiple pattern for song creation. What I do is to fine tune my pattern 1 (mixer, compressor, reverb, delay, etc…) and when I’m happy with it, I copy all to other pattern (FUNC + Somthing + COPY).
Then if some pattern are very different, I retune relatively from the first tuning.
What I like to do for the drum part for example, is to resample it when I made the gain stage and comp so I have 1 drum loop with proper volume and dedicated comp for all patern, and use start point to make some drum variation. It also free you 7 track to add plenty of sounds.

…mindful methodology…

is pretty much elektron second name…no matter if they’re kit based or patternbased…

that’s a little bit a pain in the ass, BUT really only in first place…

but good news is…the pattern based concept will be the future…so get used to this and ur all fine…next generation of machines will have an macro control on the pattern containers…but that’s tomorrows parties…

for now, see the advantages and take the painful ride through the “after correcting” all what u’ve done so far…next time u know better…and better and better…each time u start a new thing…and everytime u do so, u realize more the advantages and how they push u further in final sonic quality…

1 Like

What makes you so sure of how they will make new products ?
Sounds like a bleak future if they make mixing a track a copy paste hell
because they don’t include kits anymore.

1 Like

…advantages of patterns containing all are clear…
only disadvantage is also clear…which is THIS…and that’s an easy fix for future coding concepts…

and with no doubt there are future coding concepts from sweden…don’t u sonic worry…

With kits you can have all the advantages of both ways by having individual kit per pattern or kit on multiple patterns. There is no advantages not having kits on current Elektron gear…
if they come up with a whole new concept that’s great, but just giving up on kits is a loss of usability

1 Like

…oh, i personally, prefer the overall advantages of each single pattern rules…
way more userfriendly in overview simplicity…in first place…but well, that’s me…

once combining that with the advantages of makro controls for overall and even user definable kit processing, will make us ALL happy…don’t u agree…?

so, that dedicated performace pages style of rytm and a4, that therefor kits handling, combined with ot’s parts functions meeting the pattern contains all go along of the digis, IS in fact, with no big prediction skills involved, pretty easy combined coding know how of ALL tomorrows parties…