Pattern Naming

Long time lurker first time poster here.
Can someone help me figure out what the point of naming patterns on the Digitakt is? As far as I can tell there is no list to browse or manage patterns with. Am I missing something?
On top of this is there a point to naming each individual pattern slot or would you recommend naming a handful of my adjacent patterns the same name as a kind of “song/idea group”
Thanks, peace and love

I match pattern on DT to kit & pattern on AR. Just helps.

1 Like

Elk herd made pattern naming matter!

4 Likes

For myself organization and reference. I name clusters of pattens similar to help keep track of the patterns a particular song is supposed to contain. I will also name kits on my Monomachine similar to the pattens they link up to on the digitakt.
It’s slightly better than always needing a notebook handy to keep track of things.

2 Likes

It was my understanding that elk herd only worked with sample management. Is there a pattern/project editing aspect too?

Project editing: rearrange patterns, sample slots, and sound slots - with all your plocks kept in sync.
Project import: pull patterns, sample slots, and sound slots from one project into another.

8 Likes

Yo amazing, thanks for this

2 Likes